- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
Australian TV bungle their screen caption after Tim Cahill becomes the Socceroos all-time leading scorer
After throwing away a 3-goal lead to lose 4-3 to Ecuador, Australian TV viewers had some to smile about after the full time whistle.
The Socceroos implosion against their South American rivals was made a little bit more manageable as Tim Cahill surpassed Damian Mori as Australia’s highest top scorer in international football with a double.
Cahill has now scored 31 goals for his country.
Amazingly, when the Everton legend and current new York Red Bulls star got in front of the camera for a post match interview, the Australian TV producers had a brainfart and thought Cahill played rugby instead.
See the comedy error from Australian TV below, together with Tim Cahill’s lovely Facebook post after breaking his country’s all-time scoring record.
- Updated: March 6, 2014