- Five of the best AC Milan moments at AS Roma, featuring Ibrahimovic, Shevchenko and a Scudetto win [Video]
- Mike Bassett wishes Arsenal fans a Merry Christmas & offers Arsene Wenger some advice [Video]
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal smashed up a controller after Isco beat him in FIFA [Tweets]
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says he’d be ‘delighted’ to offer Carlo Ancelotti new contract
- Stats comparison: Liverpool starlet Raheem Sterling & Arsenal man Alexis Sanchez [Graphic]
Australian TV bungle their screen caption after Tim Cahill becomes the Socceroos all-time leading scorer
After throwing away a 3-goal lead to lose 4-3 to Ecuador, Australian TV viewers had some to smile about after the full time whistle.
The Socceroos implosion against their South American rivals was made a little bit more manageable as Tim Cahill surpassed Damian Mori as Australia’s highest top scorer in international football with a double.
Cahill has now scored 31 goals for his country.
Amazingly, when the Everton legend and current new York Red Bulls star got in front of the camera for a post match interview, the Australian TV producers had a brainfart and thought Cahill played rugby instead.
See the comedy error from Australian TV below, together with Tim Cahill’s lovely Facebook post after breaking his country’s all-time scoring record.
- Updated: March 6, 2014