- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Atletico step up pursuit of Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla & Chelsea’s Fernando Torres [AS]
Spanish daily AS have a report in their paper on Wednesday on how La Liga champions Atletico Madrid may be plotting moves for Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla and Chelsea’s Fernando Torres.
On Cazorla, the Arsenal midfielder is sought after at the Vicente Calderon as Diego Simeone seeks to create competition for places in his attacking midfield slot.
Amid a ton of incomings and outgoings at the club this summer, Arda Turan and Koke remain at the Rojiblancos, and AS report that Atleti hope to sign Cazorla too as the Spaniard “fits” the bill to help compliment their squad.
AS speculate that Atletico may bid 20 million euros for the Gunners midfielder.
As for El Nino, AS note that Chelsea are desperate to sell their ailing striker this summer as he no longer has a role in Jose Mourinho’s side.
Torres, who of course came to fame at Atleti, has been linked with a return to the club already this summer to no avail, however AS now believe the deal could transpire as Chelsea are supposedly willing to sell the World Cup and European Championship winner for a cut-price fee.
AS further note that the Torres deal hinges on whether the player is willing to agree a significant cut in his personal pay-packet.
Aside from Cazorla and Torres, Atletico are also poised to sign Belgian winger Zakaria Bakkali from PSV for around 2-3 million euros.
- Updated: July 30, 2014