Atletico Mineiro keeper Victor made 3 (dubious) penalty saves en route to Libertadores title
- July 26, 2013
Atletico Mineiro keeper Victor could well earn himself a recall to the Seleção after his brilliant and decisive displays between the nets for O Galo on their route to the Libertadores title.
Aside from his all-round performances, he crucially saved three penalties: one from a standard pen in the last 16, and two shoot-out saves – on Newell’s Maxi Rodriguez in the semis – and then one in Wednesday’s final win over Olimpia.
There’s just one problem though: they were all a bit dodgy!
On all three penalty saves, Victor leapt off his line like a grasshopper, breaching the rule of remaining on the line until the kick is taken.
Eeven if it is impossible to remain fully on the line – keepers would bang their heads off the post otherwise – Victor really took the piss, leaping a good 4 yards off his line for the save against Olimpia in the final shootout.
Watch Atletico Mineiro keeper Victor’s 3 (dubious) penalty saves en route to the Libertadores title on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”338636″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...