Atletico Mineiro keeper Victor made 3 (dubious) penalty saves en route to Libertadores title
- July 26, 2013
Atletico Mineiro keeper Victor could well earn himself a recall to the Seleção after his brilliant and decisive displays between the nets for O Galo on their route to the Libertadores title.
Aside from his all-round performances, he crucially saved three penalties: one from a standard pen in the last 16, and two shoot-out saves – on Newell’s Maxi Rodriguez in the semis – and then one in Wednesday’s final win over Olimpia.
There’s just one problem though: they were all a bit dodgy!
On all three penalty saves, Victor leapt off his line like a grasshopper, breaching the rule of remaining on the line until the kick is taken.
Eeven if it is impossible to remain fully on the line – keepers would bang their heads off the post otherwise – Victor really took the piss, leaping a good 4 yards off his line for the save against Olimpia in the final shootout.
Watch Atletico Mineiro keeper Victor’s 3 (dubious) penalty saves en route to the Libertadores title on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”338636″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi