Atletico Madrid’s search for a new striker takes them to Manchester United
- July 6, 2014
On the lookout for a replacement for Diego Costa, not a day goes by at the moment without at least two forwards being linked with a move to Atletico Madrid.
Now unconfirmed reports coming out from Mexico suggesting that Javier Hernandez, who most definitely seems on the way out at Manchester United, maybe headed to the Vicente Calderon.
The narrative around the Chicharito story is being peddled by the client’s agent, who is said to be claiming that the Mexican is ‘very affordable’ as Louis van Gaal does not consider him part of his first team plans at Old Trafford.
Whether Atleti are interested however, is another story. Alvaro Negredo and Mario Mandzukic are also in the mix to move to the La Liga champions, and the sense is the Man United man is further down the Spaniards wishlist.
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Filipe Luis has completed Atletico medical, but deal not done yet as Chelsea demand hig...
- Atletico Madrid bid farewell to Mario Suarez ahead of Fiorentina move (Video)
- Jackson Martinez arrives in Madrid after Atletico move, brushes off Falcao comparison [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi