- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
Atletico Madrid’s search for a new striker takes them to Manchester United
On the lookout for a replacement for Diego Costa, not a day goes by at the moment without at least two forwards being linked with a move to Atletico Madrid.
Now unconfirmed reports coming out from Mexico suggesting that Javier Hernandez, who most definitely seems on the way out at Manchester United, maybe headed to the Vicente Calderon.
The narrative around the Chicharito story is being peddled by the client’s agent, who is said to be claiming that the Mexican is ‘very affordable’ as Louis van Gaal does not consider him part of his first team plans at Old Trafford.
Whether Atleti are interested however, is another story. Alvaro Negredo and Mario Mandzukic are also in the mix to move to the La Liga champions, and the sense is the Man United man is further down the Spaniards wishlist.
- Updated: July 6, 2014