- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Atletico Madrid’s no.1 target is Roberto Soldado, Spanish striker desperate to leave Spurs [Marca]
Marca report today that Atletico Madrid’s number one target this summer is Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado.
With Diego Costa all set to join Chelsea and David Villa linked with a move to the MLS today, it seems certain that Atletico will add firepower to their frontline having signed Angel Correa yesterday.
The Madrid-based paper claim Soldado is desperate to leave Tottenham after a season of struggle at White Hart Lane.
Soldado is so keen to depart from White Hart Lane that he will take a significant pay cut to join Atletico Madrid.
At Spurs, Soldado earns around 5 million euros per season and whilst he wants to leave there are some significant issues to be overcome first.
Marca suggest that new Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino may want to keep Soldado and could be able to convince him to remain in England.
Whilst after a 30 million euro summer transfer move, there is no guarantee Spurs will sell easily – in fact you can be sure Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will play hardball whatever the circumstances.
Besides Soldado, Atletico are also interested in other strikers such as Alvaro Negredo, Romelu Lukaku, Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
- Updated: May 29, 2014