Atletico Madrid’s no.1 target is Roberto Soldado, Spanish striker desperate to leave Spurs [Marca]
- May 29, 2014
Marca report today that Atletico Madrid’s number one target this summer is Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado.
With Diego Costa all set to join Chelsea and David Villa linked with a move to the MLS today, it seems certain that Atletico will add firepower to their frontline having signed Angel Correa yesterday.
The Madrid-based paper claim Soldado is desperate to leave Tottenham after a season of struggle at White Hart Lane.
Soldado is so keen to depart from White Hart Lane that he will take a significant pay cut to join Atletico Madrid.
At Spurs, Soldado earns around 5 million euros per season and whilst he wants to leave there are some significant issues to be overcome first.
Marca suggest that new Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino may want to keep Soldado and could be able to convince him to remain in England.
Whilst after a 30 million euro summer transfer move, there is no guarantee Spurs will sell easily – in fact you can be sure Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will play hardball whatever the circumstances.
Besides Soldado, Atletico are also interested in other strikers such as Alvaro Negredo, Romelu Lukaku, Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...