Atletico Madrid’s Miranda: ‘I have offers from England (Manchester United?); my €30m clause is negotiable’ [ESPN Radio]
Atletico Madrid’s defensive stalwarrt Joao Miranda is one of los Colchoneros’ unsung heroes.
Along with fellow Brazilian Filipe Luis, he was snubbed by Selecao manager Felipe Scolari, despite his historic season in winning La Liga and reaching the Champions League final.
But Miranda’s Atletico performances haven’t gone unnoticed in the club sphere, with offers coming in from La Liga and the Premier League, the player explained in an interview with ESPN Radio.
Miranda said he is ‘studying the offers that are coming in’ with his agent, and that though he has a €30m release clause, that figure is ‘negotiable’. (So it’s not a release clause, is it?)
Though no English club was referred to in concrete, it’s highly likely Manchester United are one of the clubs, as links have been reported since the start of the transfer window.
As for his Selecao snub, Miranda chose not to make too big a deal of it, limiting himself to saying he was ‘disappointed’ having shown a great physical condition throughout the season.
Watch Live Stream
- Yannick Carrasco gets new Atletico Madrid contract with huge buy-out clauseOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea linked to an Atletico Madrid midfielder [Sport]October 20, 2016
- Carrasco claims a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid crush Granada 7-1 (Official video)October 16, 2016
- Positive Man United updates in the pursuit of Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann [Mirror]October 16, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic on his Man United goal droughtOctober 22, 2016
- Trolled: Man United’s Wayne Rooney calls out Liverpool old boy Michael Owen on TwitterOctober 22, 2016
- Jesse Lingard posts video from Man United’s train to Chelsea gameOctober 22, 2016
- Seems like Jose Mourinho has dropped two Man United stars for the Chelsea game [M.E.N]October 22, 2016