Atletico Madrid’s Miranda: ‘I have offers from England (Manchester United?); my €30m clause is negotiable’ [ESPN Radio]
Atletico Madrid’s defensive stalwarrt Joao Miranda is one of los Colchoneros’ unsung heroes.
Along with fellow Brazilian Filipe Luis, he was snubbed by Selecao manager Felipe Scolari, despite his historic season in winning La Liga and reaching the Champions League final.
But Miranda’s Atletico performances haven’t gone unnoticed in the club sphere, with offers coming in from La Liga and the Premier League, the player explained in an interview with ESPN Radio.
Miranda said he is ‘studying the offers that are coming in’ with his agent, and that though he has a €30m release clause, that figure is ‘negotiable’. (So it’s not a release clause, is it?)
Though no English club was referred to in concrete, it’s highly likely Manchester United are one of the clubs, as links have been reported since the start of the transfer window.
As for his Selecao snub, Miranda chose not to make too big a deal of it, limiting himself to saying he was ‘disappointed’ having shown a great physical condition throughout the season.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Man Utd fans will love Antoine Griezmann’s reason for wearing Long Sleeved Number 7August 22, 2016
- Atletico Madrid 1 – Alaves 1: Late drama as the Rojiblancos drop two points (Official Video)August 22, 2016
- Sun stitch up Jose Mourinho claiming he stole from builders, dredge up old Chelsea problemsAugust 28, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016