Atletico Madrid’s Miranda: ‘I have offers from England (Manchester United?); my €30m clause is negotiable’ [ESPN Radio]
Atletico Madrid’s defensive stalwarrt Joao Miranda is one of los Colchoneros’ unsung heroes.
Along with fellow Brazilian Filipe Luis, he was snubbed by Selecao manager Felipe Scolari, despite his historic season in winning La Liga and reaching the Champions League final.
But Miranda’s Atletico performances haven’t gone unnoticed in the club sphere, with offers coming in from La Liga and the Premier League, the player explained in an interview with ESPN Radio.
Miranda said he is ‘studying the offers that are coming in’ with his agent, and that though he has a €30m release clause, that figure is ‘negotiable’. (So it’s not a release clause, is it?)
Though no English club was referred to in concrete, it’s highly likely Manchester United are one of the clubs, as links have been reported since the start of the transfer window.
As for his Selecao snub, Miranda chose not to make too big a deal of it, limiting himself to saying he was ‘disappointed’ having shown a great physical condition throughout the season.
- Atletico striker Angel Correa (20) spins past Casemiro with gorgeous roulette (GIF)
- Shocking Scenes: Benfica fans throw flares at Atletico Madrid fans during CL clash (video)
- Shocking: Benfica fans throw flares from the upper tier onto Atletico fans sitting belo...
- Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Pierluigi Collina offers his expert opinion on tackle that broke Luke Shaw’s leg
- Man United’s Anthony Martial bagged an assist in France win v Armenia (video)
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (offici...
- Pele reveals the clubs that made offers to Santos for him, a Premier League giant among...