Atletico Madrid’s Miranda: ‘I have offers from England (Manchester United?); my €30m clause is negotiable’ [ESPN Radio]
- June 10, 2014
Atletico Madrid’s defensive stalwarrt Joao Miranda is one of los Colchoneros’ unsung heroes.
Along with fellow Brazilian Filipe Luis, he was snubbed by Selecao manager Felipe Scolari, despite his historic season in winning La Liga and reaching the Champions League final.
But Miranda’s Atletico performances haven’t gone unnoticed in the club sphere, with offers coming in from La Liga and the Premier League, the player explained in an interview with ESPN Radio.
Miranda said he is ‘studying the offers that are coming in’ with his agent, and that though he has a €30m release clause, that figure is ‘negotiable’. (So it’s not a release clause, is it?)
Though no English club was referred to in concrete, it’s highly likely Manchester United are one of the clubs, as links have been reported since the start of the transfer window.
As for his Selecao snub, Miranda chose not to make too big a deal of it, limiting himself to saying he was ‘disappointed’ having shown a great physical condition throughout the season.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...