Atletico Madrid’s Miranda: ‘I have offers from England (Manchester United?); my €30m clause is negotiable’ [ESPN Radio]
Atletico Madrid’s defensive stalwarrt Joao Miranda is one of los Colchoneros’ unsung heroes.
Along with fellow Brazilian Filipe Luis, he was snubbed by Selecao manager Felipe Scolari, despite his historic season in winning La Liga and reaching the Champions League final.
But Miranda’s Atletico performances haven’t gone unnoticed in the club sphere, with offers coming in from La Liga and the Premier League, the player explained in an interview with ESPN Radio.
Miranda said he is ‘studying the offers that are coming in’ with his agent, and that though he has a €30m release clause, that figure is ‘negotiable’. (So it’s not a release clause, is it?)
Though no English club was referred to in concrete, it’s highly likely Manchester United are one of the clubs, as links have been reported since the start of the transfer window.
As for his Selecao snub, Miranda chose not to make too big a deal of it, limiting himself to saying he was ‘disappointed’ having shown a great physical condition throughout the season.
Watch Live Stream
- Griezmann jokes that he hopes he doesn’t have to see Cristiano Ronaldo in 2017 (Video)December 10, 2016
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Polyglot: Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a genius off the pitch as well as on itDecember 10, 2016
- Premier League clubs eye up Real Madrid defender this January [Mirror]December 10, 2016