Atletico Madrid wrap up the €22m transfer of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich [Bild]
- July 8, 2014
Without official confirmation from the clubs, German tabloid Bild are reporting on Tuesday evening that Atletico Madrid have finalised terms to sign Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich for €22 million.
Mario Mandzukic’s days at Bayern Munich have seemed to be over ever since the German Cup final at the end of last season, when the Croatian international striker was dropped from Bayern squad v Borussia Dortmund.
After that game rumours began to circulate that the 27-year-old forward had cleared out his locker at the Allianz Arena.
Now Bild are saying Mandzukic’s days in Germany are over, and a move to Spain is done.
Atletico Madrid need to boost their attack after selling Diego Costa to Chelsea, and Mandzukic appears to the guy to fill the void.
The 28-year-old Croatian international striker is being reported as agreeing a five-year contract with Los Colchoneros.
Since joining Bayern in 2012, Mandzukic has scored scored 48 goals in 88 games.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...