- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Atletico Madrid wrap up the €22m transfer of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich [Bild]
Without official confirmation from the clubs, German tabloid Bild are reporting on Tuesday evening that Atletico Madrid have finalised terms to sign Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich for €22 million.
Mario Mandzukic’s days at Bayern Munich have seemed to be over ever since the German Cup final at the end of last season, when the Croatian international striker was dropped from Bayern squad v Borussia Dortmund.
After that game rumours began to circulate that the 27-year-old forward had cleared out his locker at the Allianz Arena.
Now Bild are saying Mandzukic’s days in Germany are over, and a move to Spain is done.
Atletico Madrid need to boost their attack after selling Diego Costa to Chelsea, and Mandzukic appears to the guy to fill the void.
The 28-year-old Croatian international striker is being reported as agreeing a five-year contract with Los Colchoneros.
Since joining Bayern in 2012, Mandzukic has scored scored 48 goals in 88 games.
- Updated: July 8, 2014