Atletico Madrid squash rumours Fernando Torres may be moving back from Chelsea [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 21, 2014
How many times this summer are Chelsea and Atletico Madrid going to be linked in transfer talks?
The latest rumour doing the rounds is that Chelsea are planning to offload Fernando Torres back to Atletico, with a price-tag of £13 million being banded about for the Spanish striker.
Reports of the deal have escalated amid talk that Atletico’s chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin was in London over the weekend discussing the possibility of Torres heading back to the Vicente Calderon.
Now, however, Mundo Deportivo have squashed those rumours on the head.
The Spanish news agency say Atletico deny any talks with Chelsea about El Nino, and, while they are looking for a second striker signing to partner Mario Mandzukic, it won’t be Torres.
Where this leaves Torres is anyone’s guess, as the former World Cup and European Championship winner now seems well on the outside at Stamford Bridge few nobody looking interested in giving him a fresh start.
- Atletico Madrid legend Miranda reflects on his time at the club before Inter move [Video]
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka in negotiations with Atletico Madrid [Mundo Deportivo]
- Daniel Levy to fly to Madrid as Spurs close in on Atletico defender Toby Alderweireld [...
- Arda Turan’s agent denies that the midfielder had a medical at Man United
- Spurs are confident of signing Toby Alderweireld ahead of Southampton [London Evening S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi