- Radamel Falcao tweets brilliant pre-game picture ahead of Man United v Newcastle
- West Ham troll Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Twitter before Boxing Day game
- Jeff Stelling delivers the King’s speech, rounding up football in 2014 [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s full Christmas Day interview on BT Sport [Video]
- Chelsea v West Ham [Team Sheets]
Atletico Madrid squash rumours Fernando Torres may be moving back from Chelsea [Mundo Deportivo]
How many times this summer are Chelsea and Atletico Madrid going to be linked in transfer talks?
The latest rumour doing the rounds is that Chelsea are planning to offload Fernando Torres back to Atletico, with a price-tag of £13 million being banded about for the Spanish striker.
Reports of the deal have escalated amid talk that Atletico’s chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin was in London over the weekend discussing the possibility of Torres heading back to the Vicente Calderon.
Now, however, Mundo Deportivo have squashed those rumours on the head.
The Spanish news agency say Atletico deny any talks with Chelsea about El Nino, and, while they are looking for a second striker signing to partner Mario Mandzukic, it won’t be Torres.
Where this leaves Torres is anyone’s guess, as the former World Cup and European Championship winner now seems well on the outside at Stamford Bridge few nobody looking interested in giving him a fresh start.
- Updated: July 21, 2014