Atletico Madrid squash rumours Fernando Torres may be moving back from Chelsea [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 21, 2014
How many times this summer are Chelsea and Atletico Madrid going to be linked in transfer talks?
The latest rumour doing the rounds is that Chelsea are planning to offload Fernando Torres back to Atletico, with a price-tag of £13 million being banded about for the Spanish striker.
Reports of the deal have escalated amid talk that Atletico’s chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin was in London over the weekend discussing the possibility of Torres heading back to the Vicente Calderon.
Now, however, Mundo Deportivo have squashed those rumours on the head.
The Spanish news agency say Atletico deny any talks with Chelsea about El Nino, and, while they are looking for a second striker signing to partner Mario Mandzukic, it won’t be Torres.
Where this leaves Torres is anyone’s guess, as the former World Cup and European Championship winner now seems well on the outside at Stamford Bridge few nobody looking interested in giving him a fresh start.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...