Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran has rejected Arsenal for a second time [AS]
- May 29, 2014
Spanish newspaper AS reports today that Arsene Wenger has been knocked back in a second offer for Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran.
This news is likely to confirm what is already known, Bacary Sagna will be leaving the Emirates this summer and Arsenal are looking for a new full back.
Juanfran was one of Atletico Madrid’s best performers as they won La Liga and reached the Champions League final – but is so happy at the club that he has rejected all offers.
Arsenal made a “significant offer” to Juanfran in the summer of 2013, according to AS, but the player stayed at the Vicente Calderon and signed a new contract until 2017.
This was despite Arsenal offering Juanfran four times his current salary at Atletico Madrid.
A few weeks ago, Wenger returned with a second offer for Juanfran but the Spanish full back again rejected Arsenal, citing the great dressing room atmosphere at Atletico.
With major European clubs circling Atletico Madrid – AS suggest Juanfran is one of the few players Diego Simeone can be absolutely certain of remaining at the La Liga champions.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez & Leo Messi shared warm embrace before Copa America...
- Arsenal fans (incl. Piers Morgan) mock Robin van Persie on Twitter ahead of Fenerbahçe ...
- ‘I am a Lion': Lukas Podolski officially unveiled as a Galatasaray player
- Galatasaray confirm Lukas Podolski will sign contract today, drawing his Arsenal career...
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi