- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran has rejected Arsenal for a second time [AS]
- May 29, 2014
Spanish newspaper AS reports today that Arsene Wenger has been knocked back in a second offer for Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran.
This news is likely to confirm what is already known, Bacary Sagna will be leaving the Emirates this summer and Arsenal are looking for a new full back.
Juanfran was one of Atletico Madrid’s best performers as they won La Liga and reached the Champions League final – but is so happy at the club that he has rejected all offers.
Arsenal made a “significant offer” to Juanfran in the summer of 2013, according to AS, but the player stayed at the Vicente Calderon and signed a new contract until 2017.
This was despite Arsenal offering Juanfran four times his current salary at Atletico Madrid.
A few weeks ago, Wenger returned with a second offer for Juanfran but the Spanish full back again rejected Arsenal, citing the great dressing room atmosphere at Atletico.
With major European clubs circling Atletico Madrid – AS suggest Juanfran is one of the few players Diego Simeone can be absolutely certain of remaining at the La Liga champions.