Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran has rejected Arsenal for a second time [AS]
Spanish newspaper AS reports today that Arsene Wenger has been knocked back in a second offer for Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran.
This news is likely to confirm what is already known, Bacary Sagna will be leaving the Emirates this summer and Arsenal are looking for a new full back.
Juanfran was one of Atletico Madrid’s best performers as they won La Liga and reached the Champions League final – but is so happy at the club that he has rejected all offers.
Arsenal made a “significant offer” to Juanfran in the summer of 2013, according to AS, but the player stayed at the Vicente Calderon and signed a new contract until 2017.
This was despite Arsenal offering Juanfran four times his current salary at Atletico Madrid.
A few weeks ago, Wenger returned with a second offer for Juanfran but the Spanish full back again rejected Arsenal, citing the great dressing room atmosphere at Atletico.
With major European clubs circling Atletico Madrid – AS suggest Juanfran is one of the few players Diego Simeone can be absolutely certain of remaining at the La Liga champions.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez was FPL gold at WatfordAugust 28, 2016
- Valencia line up their replacement for Arsenal bound Shkodran Mustafi [Super Deporte]August 28, 2016
- Arsenal fans won’t stop bashing Arsene Wenger despite signing a striker & defender (BBC Audio)August 28, 2016
- Some Arsenal fans are still angry after the Watford win (Videos)August 27, 2016
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Man Utd fans will love Antoine Griezmann’s reason for wearing Long Sleeved Number 7August 22, 2016
- Atletico Madrid 1 – Alaves 1: Late drama as the Rojiblancos drop two points (Official Video)August 22, 2016