Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran has rejected Arsenal for a second time [AS]
Spanish newspaper AS reports today that Arsene Wenger has been knocked back in a second offer for Atletico Madrid right back Juanfran.
This news is likely to confirm what is already known, Bacary Sagna will be leaving the Emirates this summer and Arsenal are looking for a new full back.
Juanfran was one of Atletico Madrid’s best performers as they won La Liga and reached the Champions League final – but is so happy at the club that he has rejected all offers.
Arsenal made a “significant offer” to Juanfran in the summer of 2013, according to AS, but the player stayed at the Vicente Calderon and signed a new contract until 2017.
This was despite Arsenal offering Juanfran four times his current salary at Atletico Madrid.
A few weeks ago, Wenger returned with a second offer for Juanfran but the Spanish full back again rejected Arsenal, citing the great dressing room atmosphere at Atletico.
With major European clubs circling Atletico Madrid – AS suggest Juanfran is one of the few players Diego Simeone can be absolutely certain of remaining at the La Liga champions.
Watch Live Stream
- Olivier Giroud booed by France fans; Arsenal striker hits back after 3-2 win [Quotes]May 31st, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan rejects new Dortmund contract amidst Arsenal & Chelsea interest [BILD]May 31st, 2016
- Arsenal & Man United target Alvaro Morata admits he has “tempting” offers from P...May 31st, 2016
- Ex Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin assists unreal backheel golazo from outside the box (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Italian comedian evaded CL final security & joined Real Madrid players in lifting the trophy...May 31st, 2016
- Atletico Madrid B Keeper Sara Ezquerro risks expulsion for celebrating at Real Madrid’s Und...May 30th, 2016
- Football/Gaming fans want to see Yannick Carrasco’s celebration in FIFA 17 [Tweets]May 30th, 2016
- Juanfran pens letter to Atletico Madrid fans following penalty miss v Real Madrid [Instagram]May 30th, 2016