Atletico Madrid remain hopeful they can hold onto Thibaut Courtois as Chelsea tie down goalies [AS]
It’s unlikely we’ll know exactly where Thibaut Courtois will play his club football next season for a little while longer, but Atletico Madrid fans have received a shot in the arm on Tuesday from AS.
The Spanish media outlet are claiming that the Rojiblancos remain hopeful that Belgium’s #1 will stay at the club next season, as parent club Chelsea are tying down the goalies already on their books.
The thrust of AS’s article, is that Chelsea’s options between the sticks next year are already rather plentiful.
Petr Cech, although currently recovery from a shoulder injury, is expected to be back for the lions share of the 2014-15 season. Moreover, deputy Mark Schwarzer is rumoured to be staying put for another year, while 21-year-old Jamal Blackman has just been awarded a new long-term deal with the club.
With three keeper’s already to cater for, could Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois, who is determined to play first team football, stay at Atletico?
AS say “Atletico now have a choice: wait until July to see how Cech progresses or sign a new goalkeeper.”
Should Diego Simeone go into the transfer market, Argentine wonderkid Geronimo Rulli, who plays for Estudiantes, is tipped to join the club.
- Argy-bargy as Atletico coach Diego Simeone in line to replace Jose Mourinho at Chelsea ...
- Atletico striker Angel Correa (20) spins past Casemiro with gorgeous roulette (GIF)
- Shocking Scenes: Benfica fans throw flares at Atletico Madrid fans during CL clash (video)
- Shocking: Benfica fans throw flares from the upper tier onto Atletico fans sitting belo...
- Fail: Adidas screw up their Man United retro kit promo as model wears Chelsea tracksuit...
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was scouting Andriy Yarmolenko last night [AS]
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas individual match highlights for Spain v Ukraine (Video)
- Chelsea striker Diego Costa shows off his funny side at signing session (video)
- FAIL: Chelsea’s Twitter didn’t know who was playing in goal at Everton today
- Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois tweets from hospital bed ahead of knee surgery
- Jose Mourinho confirms Thibaut Courtois will be out ‘for quite a long time’...
- Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois ruled out for 10 weeks with knee injury [Best Tweets]