Atletico Madrid remain hopeful they can hold onto Thibaut Courtois as Chelsea tie down goalies [AS]
- June 10, 2014
It’s unlikely we’ll know exactly where Thibaut Courtois will play his club football next season for a little while longer, but Atletico Madrid fans have received a shot in the arm on Tuesday from AS.
The Spanish media outlet are claiming that the Rojiblancos remain hopeful that Belgium’s #1 will stay at the club next season, as parent club Chelsea are tying down the goalies already on their books.
The thrust of AS’s article, is that Chelsea’s options between the sticks next year are already rather plentiful.
Petr Cech, although currently recovery from a shoulder injury, is expected to be back for the lions share of the 2014-15 season. Moreover, deputy Mark Schwarzer is rumoured to be staying put for another year, while 21-year-old Jamal Blackman has just been awarded a new long-term deal with the club.
With three keeper’s already to cater for, could Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois, who is determined to play first team football, stay at Atletico?
AS say “Atletico now have a choice: wait until July to see how Cech progresses or sign a new goalkeeper.”
Should Diego Simeone go into the transfer market, Argentine wonderkid Geronimo Rulli, who plays for Estudiantes, is tipped to join the club.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...