- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
Atletico Madrid remain hopeful they can hold onto Thibaut Courtois as Chelsea tie down goalies [AS]
- June 10, 2014
It’s unlikely we’ll know exactly where Thibaut Courtois will play his club football next season for a little while longer, but Atletico Madrid fans have received a shot in the arm on Tuesday from AS.
The Spanish media outlet are claiming that the Rojiblancos remain hopeful that Belgium’s #1 will stay at the club next season, as parent club Chelsea are tying down the goalies already on their books.
The thrust of AS’s article, is that Chelsea’s options between the sticks next year are already rather plentiful.
Petr Cech, although currently recovery from a shoulder injury, is expected to be back for the lions share of the 2014-15 season. Moreover, deputy Mark Schwarzer is rumoured to be staying put for another year, while 21-year-old Jamal Blackman has just been awarded a new long-term deal with the club.
With three keeper’s already to cater for, could Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois, who is determined to play first team football, stay at Atletico?
AS say “Atletico now have a choice: wait until July to see how Cech progresses or sign a new goalkeeper.”
Should Diego Simeone go into the transfer market, Argentine wonderkid Geronimo Rulli, who plays for Estudiantes, is tipped to join the club.