Atletico Madrid remain hopeful they can hold onto Thibaut Courtois as Chelsea tie down goalies [AS]
It’s unlikely we’ll know exactly where Thibaut Courtois will play his club football next season for a little while longer, but Atletico Madrid fans have received a shot in the arm on Tuesday from AS.
The Spanish media outlet are claiming that the Rojiblancos remain hopeful that Belgium’s #1 will stay at the club next season, as parent club Chelsea are tying down the goalies already on their books.
The thrust of AS’s article, is that Chelsea’s options between the sticks next year are already rather plentiful.
Petr Cech, although currently recovery from a shoulder injury, is expected to be back for the lions share of the 2014-15 season. Moreover, deputy Mark Schwarzer is rumoured to be staying put for another year, while 21-year-old Jamal Blackman has just been awarded a new long-term deal with the club.
With three keeper’s already to cater for, could Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois, who is determined to play first team football, stay at Atletico?
AS say “Atletico now have a choice: wait until July to see how Cech progresses or sign a new goalkeeper.”
Should Diego Simeone go into the transfer market, Argentine wonderkid Geronimo Rulli, who plays for Estudiantes, is tipped to join the club.
- Diego Costa’s time up at Chelsea? Blues consider moves for Robin van Persie & a Spurs ...
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Thibaut Courtois uploads extended footage of his Chelsea rehab exercises on Facebook (Video)
- Injured Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois starts running again (Instagram Video)
- Good news for Chelsea fans as Thibaut Courtois starts practicing with a ball again (Instagram Video)
- FAIL: Chelsea’s Twitter didn’t know who was playing in goal at Everton today