- Thierry Henry looks back on Arsenal’s Invincibles: ‘Chelsea could go unbeaten this season’ [Video]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Origi stays at Lille until next season, we’ve never considered January’ [Video]
- Liverpool boss: Brendan Rodgers: ‘Daniel Sturridge is as down as I’ve seen anyone’ [Video]
- Raheem Sterling: ‘I want to stay at Liverpool for many years to come’ [Echo]
- Arsenal planning £30m move for Monaco’s Joao Moutinho [Express]
Atletico Madrid pass on taking Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku on loan [El Confidencial]
Atletico Madrid have passed on taking Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea, according to Spanish site El Confidencial.
Just a day after reporting that a deal was in place, El Confidencial have done a u-turn after it emerged that Atletico boss Diego Simeone is not a fan of the big Belgian striker.
Still, he will have to look for replacements for departing players with Manchester City’s Alvaro Negredo said to be on their shopping list.
Lukaku is currently at the World Cup with Belgium, uncertain of where he’ll be playing his football next season. During the group stage of the World Cup he failed to impress but his appearance from the bench against the USA essentially won his team that last 16 tie.
- Updated: July 4, 2014