- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Atletico Madrid pass on taking Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku on loan [El Confidencial]
Atletico Madrid have passed on taking Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea, according to Spanish site El Confidencial.
Just a day after reporting that a deal was in place, El Confidencial have done a u-turn after it emerged that Atletico boss Diego Simeone is not a fan of the big Belgian striker.
Still, he will have to look for replacements for departing players with Manchester City’s Alvaro Negredo said to be on their shopping list.
Lukaku is currently at the World Cup with Belgium, uncertain of where he’ll be playing his football next season. During the group stage of the World Cup he failed to impress but his appearance from the bench against the USA essentially won his team that last 16 tie.
- Updated: July 4, 2014