Atletico Madrid pass on taking Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku on loan [El Confidencial]
- July 4, 2014
Atletico Madrid have passed on taking Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea, according to Spanish site El Confidencial.
Just a day after reporting that a deal was in place, El Confidencial have done a u-turn after it emerged that Atletico boss Diego Simeone is not a fan of the big Belgian striker.
Still, he will have to look for replacements for departing players with Manchester City’s Alvaro Negredo said to be on their shopping list.
Lukaku is currently at the World Cup with Belgium, uncertain of where he’ll be playing his football next season. During the group stage of the World Cup he failed to impress but his appearance from the bench against the USA essentially won his team that last 16 tie.
Watch Live Stream
- Yannick Carrasco gets new Atletico Madrid contract with huge buy-out clauseOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea linked to an Atletico Madrid midfielder [Sport]October 20, 2016
- Carrasco claims a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid crush Granada 7-1 (Official video)October 16, 2016
- Positive Man United updates in the pursuit of Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann [Mirror]October 16, 2016
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois suffers untimely fail in Twitter Bantz with Michy BatshuayiOctober 21, 2016
- Manchester United have a horrific record away at Chelsea since 2002 [Graphic]October 21, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho rules out third spell at Chelsea (Video)October 21, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho doesn’t come off well in Chelsea man Victor Moses’ ESPN interviewOctober 21, 2016
- Two of Everton’s best players are being scouted by Man United [Star]October 9, 2016
- Belgium’sRomelu Lukaku misses sitter v Bosnia, makes amends with cracking goal (Videos)October 7, 2016
- Belgian brothers quiz: Lukaku’s vs. Hazard’s (Video)October 6, 2016
- Mino Raiola lists four clubs who can afford to buy Everton striker Romelu Lukaku [Quotes]September 19, 2016