Atletico Madrid pass on taking Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku on loan [El Confidencial]
- July 4, 2014
Atletico Madrid have passed on taking Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea, according to Spanish site El Confidencial.
Just a day after reporting that a deal was in place, El Confidencial have done a u-turn after it emerged that Atletico boss Diego Simeone is not a fan of the big Belgian striker.
Still, he will have to look for replacements for departing players with Manchester City’s Alvaro Negredo said to be on their shopping list.
Lukaku is currently at the World Cup with Belgium, uncertain of where he’ll be playing his football next season. During the group stage of the World Cup he failed to impress but his appearance from the bench against the USA essentially won his team that last 16 tie.
- Sky Sports compile new Barcelona signing Arda Turan’s best Atletico goals [Video]
- Barcelona publish Arda Turan compilation video to celebrate €35m signing [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld arrives in London to complete move to Totten...
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Man United target Nico Gaitan will have his Benfica future decided this week, club expe...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi