Atletico Madrid move for Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli with Thibaut Courtois set to return to Chelsea [AS]
- June 2, 2014
Most of the talk so far this summer has been about the players likely to leave Atletico Madrid, but Diego Simeone is preparing for next season at the Vicente Calderon in earnest.
Last week, the 2013/2014 La Liga winners secured the signing of forward Angel Correa from San Lorenzo and today, Spanish newspaper AS report that another Argentine youngster is being targeted.
Atletico Madrid are set to offer five million euros for Estudiantes goalkeeper Gerónimo Rulli in addition to a long-term, five-year contract at the Vicente Calderon.
Rulli, who established himself at Estudiantes over the course of 2013/2014, has already agreed to the terms of his deal at Atletico, according to AS.
The Spanish media believe Simeone is keen to sign a goalkeeper as he is uncertain as to what will happen to Thibaut Courtois next season.
The Belgian belongs to Chelsea but has been on loan at Atletico Madrid for the past three seasons.
Courtois has said he is happy in Madrid and has two years left on his contract at Chelsea. In recent weeks, the Belgian custodian has said that his future will be decided after the World Cup.
AS add at the end of their article on Atletico Madrid’s move for Gerónimo Rulli that Jose Mourinho now realises just how good Courtois is, presumably from the Champions League semi-finals, and the Spanish side expect him to play in London next season.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...