Atletico Madrid consider moves for Man City’s Alvaro Negredo or Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku [El Confidential]
Spanish daily El Confidential dedicate an article to Atletico Madrid’s potential strike-force next season on Tuesday, on the understanding the Diego Costa will leave to club to join Chelsea imminently.
Atletico, who won La Liga last season as well as finishing the season as runners-up in the Champions League, are facing a total rebuilding process up-front as Costa’s departure is coupled with David Villa leaving the club to join New York City FC.
With Tottenham’s Roberto Soldado and FC Porto’s Jackson Martinez name-dropped as two possible targets, El Confidential report that the Rojiblancos have the names of Man City’s Alvaro Negredo and Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku at the top of their shopping list.
Alvaro Negredo’s potential departure from Man City is bigged up the striker is portrayed as the back-up forward to Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko as the Etihad. Moreover, the forward was said to have been close to a move to the Vicente Calderon last summer.
Whether El Confidential’s assessment of City’s strikers is accurate is open to debate.
As for Lukaku, the 21-year-old is widely considered to be outside Jose Mourinho’s thoughts at Chelsea, and the forward is thought to be up for loan, if not available on a permanent transfer too.
Overall, El Confidential conclude that “the arrival of two frontmen is needed [at Atletico], and considering all the variables on all the various options today, Negredo and Lukaku are the top targets”.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Middlesbrough stars picked in Gazzetta dello Sport’s European XI of the WeekNovember 28, 2016
- Alvaro Negredo scores classy goal on his Middlesbrough debut (Video)July 24, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is speaking to Alvaro Morata on a daily basis [Marca]July 19, 2016
- Gary Neville was pretty indecisive about bringing Alvaro Negredo off the bench (Video)March 8, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Man United plan to sign one of the best defenders in the world this January [ESPN]November 27, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann admits he had doubts about Atletico future in summer [GQ]November 26, 2016
- Mata claims he’s still the same player Jose Mourinho sold at ChelseaDecember 4, 2016
- These stats prove Chelsea were right to swap Jose Mourinho for Antonio ConteDecember 4, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Should Chelsea’s Nathan Ake have won a penalty v Liverpool? (Official Video)December 4, 2016