- Very Cute! Chelsea’s first team take on the whole Under-8s squad [Video]
- Pepe might have taken the worst throw-in EVER during Real Madrid v San Lorenzo!
- LVG presser post Aston Villa draw: “United robbed 2 points… not as good as City!”
- One Man United fan labels Louis van Gaal as arrogant after the Aston Villa draw [Full Time Devils]
- Crystal Palace fans protested ticket prices outside the Premier League HQ on Saturday [Pictures]
Atletico Madrid consider moves for Man City’s Alvaro Negredo or Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku [El Confidential]
Spanish daily El Confidential dedicate an article to Atletico Madrid’s potential strike-force next season on Tuesday, on the understanding the Diego Costa will leave to club to join Chelsea imminently.
Atletico, who won La Liga last season as well as finishing the season as runners-up in the Champions League, are facing a total rebuilding process up-front as Costa’s departure is coupled with David Villa leaving the club to join New York City FC.
With Tottenham’s Roberto Soldado and FC Porto’s Jackson Martinez name-dropped as two possible targets, El Confidential report that the Rojiblancos have the names of Man City’s Alvaro Negredo and Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku at the top of their shopping list.
Alvaro Negredo’s potential departure from Man City is bigged up the striker is portrayed as the back-up forward to Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko as the Etihad. Moreover, the forward was said to have been close to a move to the Vicente Calderon last summer.
Whether El Confidential’s assessment of City’s strikers is accurate is open to debate.
As for Lukaku, the 21-year-old is widely considered to be outside Jose Mourinho’s thoughts at Chelsea, and the forward is thought to be up for loan, if not available on a permanent transfer too.
Overall, El Confidential conclude that “the arrival of two frontmen is needed [at Atletico], and considering all the variables on all the various options today, Negredo and Lukaku are the top targets”.
- Updated: June 10, 2014