Atletico Madrid consider moves for Man City’s Alvaro Negredo or Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku [El Confidential]
- June 10, 2014
Spanish daily El Confidential dedicate an article to Atletico Madrid’s potential strike-force next season on Tuesday, on the understanding the Diego Costa will leave to club to join Chelsea imminently.
Atletico, who won La Liga last season as well as finishing the season as runners-up in the Champions League, are facing a total rebuilding process up-front as Costa’s departure is coupled with David Villa leaving the club to join New York City FC.
With Tottenham’s Roberto Soldado and FC Porto’s Jackson Martinez name-dropped as two possible targets, El Confidential report that the Rojiblancos have the names of Man City’s Alvaro Negredo and Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku at the top of their shopping list.
Alvaro Negredo’s potential departure from Man City is bigged up the striker is portrayed as the back-up forward to Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko as the Etihad. Moreover, the forward was said to have been close to a move to the Vicente Calderon last summer.
Whether El Confidential’s assessment of City’s strikers is accurate is open to debate.
As for Lukaku, the 21-year-old is widely considered to be outside Jose Mourinho’s thoughts at Chelsea, and the forward is thought to be up for loan, if not available on a permanent transfer too.
Overall, El Confidential conclude that “the arrival of two frontmen is needed [at Atletico], and considering all the variables on all the various options today, Negredo and Lukaku are the top targets”.
- Alvaro Negredo controls pass with amazing back-heel first touch in Valencia training [V...
- Rodrigo De Paul hit a sublime cross for Alvaro Negredo’s goal versus Granada [Video]
- Young Valencia fan with cerebral palsy meets his hero Alvaro Negredo [Video]
- Man City boss Pellegrini on Wilfried Bony link: ‘We are working to replace Alvaro...
- Alvaro Negredo scores impossible goal in Valencia training pre Real Madrid match
- Man City’s Stevan Jovetic a big doubt for Arsenal game; Pulls out of Montenegro s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi