Atletico Madrid complete the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich [Pictures]
- July 10, 2014
Atletico Madrid have completed the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich on a four year contract.
Mandzukic reportedly cost Atletico £17 million, pittance really, especially when you take into consideration the fact that Diego Costa left the club for around double that.
Now Diego Simeone has repaired his strikeforce and hopes that the big Croatian can carry on the good work of Costa and a long list of successful strikers, including Falcao, Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan.
The club’s director of football Jose Luis Caminero had this to say about the striker on the official club website: “The incorporation of Mario Mandžukić is great news because he has the features we were looking for to cover this position. He’s a strong forward, with a great high ball control and a powerful shot. It allows us to start pressuring behind the rival from the beginning, because he works hard on playing the ball out of defence. He fits well with his attacking teammates and is used to competing at the highest level. He’s a winner, a player used to win titles. He’ll contribute very much”.
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi