Atletico Madrid complete the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich [Pictures]
- July 10, 2014
Atletico Madrid have completed the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich on a four year contract.
Mandzukic reportedly cost Atletico £17 million, pittance really, especially when you take into consideration the fact that Diego Costa left the club for around double that.
Now Diego Simeone has repaired his strikeforce and hopes that the big Croatian can carry on the good work of Costa and a long list of successful strikers, including Falcao, Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan.
The club’s director of football Jose Luis Caminero had this to say about the striker on the official club website: “The incorporation of Mario Mandžukić is great news because he has the features we were looking for to cover this position. He’s a strong forward, with a great high ball control and a powerful shot. It allows us to start pressuring behind the rival from the beginning, because he works hard on playing the ball out of defence. He fits well with his attacking teammates and is used to competing at the highest level. He’s a winner, a player used to win titles. He’ll contribute very much”.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...