- Man United & Liverpool target Memphis Depay is eccentric & doesn’t talk to the media [Talksport Audio]
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Close up footage of the tension on Barcelona’s bench during the win over Valencia [Video]
- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
Atletico Madrid complete the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich [Pictures]
- July 10, 2014
Atletico Madrid have completed the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich on a four year contract.
Mandzukic reportedly cost Atletico £17 million, pittance really, especially when you take into consideration the fact that Diego Costa left the club for around double that.
Now Diego Simeone has repaired his strikeforce and hopes that the big Croatian can carry on the good work of Costa and a long list of successful strikers, including Falcao, Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan.
The club’s director of football Jose Luis Caminero had this to say about the striker on the official club website: “The incorporation of Mario Mandžukić is great news because he has the features we were looking for to cover this position. He’s a strong forward, with a great high ball control and a powerful shot. It allows us to start pressuring behind the rival from the beginning, because he works hard on playing the ball out of defence. He fits well with his attacking teammates and is used to competing at the highest level. He’s a winner, a player used to win titles. He’ll contribute very much”.