Atletico Madrid complete the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich [Pictures]
- July 10, 2014
Atletico Madrid have completed the signing of Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich on a four year contract.
Mandzukic reportedly cost Atletico £17 million, pittance really, especially when you take into consideration the fact that Diego Costa left the club for around double that.
Now Diego Simeone has repaired his strikeforce and hopes that the big Croatian can carry on the good work of Costa and a long list of successful strikers, including Falcao, Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan.
The club’s director of football Jose Luis Caminero had this to say about the striker on the official club website: “The incorporation of Mario Mandžukić is great news because he has the features we were looking for to cover this position. He’s a strong forward, with a great high ball control and a powerful shot. It allows us to start pressuring behind the rival from the beginning, because he works hard on playing the ball out of defence. He fits well with his attacking teammates and is used to competing at the highest level. He’s a winner, a player used to win titles. He’ll contribute very much”.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...