Atletico Madrid ask Chelsea if Juan Mata is available for loan move [Radio Marca]
Spanish news sources are buzzing on Sunday evening with the suggestions, via Radio Marca, that Atletico Madrid have made enquiries about Juan Mata after Chelsea’s signing of Willian.
Speculation has been rife all summer that Jose Mourinho is not that keen on Mata despite the fact the Spanish playmaker has been hugely successful at Stamford Bridge in the past two seasons.
On Friday, Jose Mourinho insisted Juan Mata is not for sale but the rumours continue with Manchester United and Arsenal linked in the English Sunday papers this morning.
Radio Marca claim Atletico Madrid sent a representative to enquire about Mata, hoping Chelsea may be more keen to send Mata back to a Spanish side rather than sell to a Premier League rival.
Mata currently earns 3.75 million euros a season at Chelsea, which although high for Atletico, Diego Simeone’s side would be willing to stretch to for a player of his ability in a loan deal.
Atletico Madrid are also tracking Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen if they cannot pull off a deal for Mata.
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Juan Mata looks ahead to Man United’s ‘fantastic week’ in his new blog
- Juan Mata talks desert islands, tennis and future Man United stars in Q&A (Video)
- Juan Mata speaks about his best goal, underrated players and Eric Cantona in Q&A (Video)
- Man United’s Juan Mata takes part in a penalty challenge with YouTube star KSI (Video)