Atletico Madrid ask Chelsea if Juan Mata is available for loan move [Radio Marca]
- August 25, 2013
Spanish news sources are buzzing on Sunday evening with the suggestions, via Radio Marca, that Atletico Madrid have made enquiries about Juan Mata after Chelsea’s signing of Willian.
Speculation has been rife all summer that Jose Mourinho is not that keen on Mata despite the fact the Spanish playmaker has been hugely successful at Stamford Bridge in the past two seasons.
On Friday, Jose Mourinho insisted Juan Mata is not for sale but the rumours continue with Manchester United and Arsenal linked in the English Sunday papers this morning.
Radio Marca claim Atletico Madrid sent a representative to enquire about Mata, hoping Chelsea may be more keen to send Mata back to a Spanish side rather than sell to a Premier League rival.
Mata currently earns 3.75 million euros a season at Chelsea, which although high for Atletico, Diego Simeone’s side would be willing to stretch to for a player of his ability in a loan deal.
Atletico Madrid are also tracking Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen if they cannot pull off a deal for Mata.
- Shanghai SIPG 0 – Atletico Madrid 3: Antoine Griezmann (2) and Fernando Torres sc...
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi