- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
Atletico Madrid are determined to sign Kevin De Bruyne from Chelsea, player has doubts [Het Laatste Nieuws]
The front page of Belgium daily Het Laatste Nieuws claims that Atletico Madrid are trying their damnedest to try and lure Kevin De Bruyne from Chelsea.
According to the paper, Atletico President Enrique Cerezo and sporting director Jose Caminero are both working tirelessly to convince De Bruyne to leave Stamford Bridge, however HLN say “De Bruyne not yet decided whether he accept the proposal of Atletico.”
Whilst fellow Belgium internationals Thibaut Courtois and Toby Alderweireld are already with the Rojiblancos, De Bruyne is hesitant about the move to SPain as he remains unconvinced he’ll lock down a first team spot for Atleti.
Moreover, De Bruyne is said to have a plethora of Bundesliga sides chasing his signature including Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke 04, Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen.
All the speculation over De Bruyne’s future comes just days after Eden Hazard advised the Tintin lookalike to leave the Blues in order that the forward secures a spot at the World Cup, while De Bruyne was dropped rom the Chelsea squad at the end of September.
- Updated: November 21, 2013