- Chelsea banter Arsenal on Twitter! ’3-0 can be a dangerous scoreline in the Champions League’
- Banter! Chelsea Twitter account trolls Arsenal at 3-0 up v Schalke [Screenshot]
- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey: ‘We’re not bothered about criticism, we have great belief in ourselves’ [Video]
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi scores to become all-time Champions League top scorer [Best Tweets]
- Wenger: ‘We have values at Arsenal; I’d have preferred Usmanov to tell me face to face’ [Video]
Atletico & Chelsea still working on Diego Costa deal + Courtois wants to return to Spain [AS]
The transfer negotiations between Atletico Madrid and Chelsea are still continuing over Diego Costa, according to a report in Spanish newspaper AS on Monday morning.
For Atletico the sale of Costa is becoming more pressing as they are keen to bring in new strikers with David Villa also having left the La Liga champions this summer.
Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo is seen as Atletico’s first choice to replace Costa and whilst Manuel Pellegrini may be willing to let the Spaniard leave the Etihad, he would cost 28 million euros.
AS add that Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are also discussing Romelu Lukaku, who could also head to Spain from Stamford Bridge.
Journalist Dani Hidalgo also reveals that Atletico have not thrown in the towel on Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois returning for a fourth loan spell at the club.
Courtois has been told to return to Chelsea for pre-season training by Jose Mourinho but looks set to keep pushing the Blues to return to Spain.
Selling Petr Cech will be complicated for Chelsea, due to his high profile in England and at Stamford Bridge, so Atletico hope they can secure Courtois for another season.
With Filipe Luis still rumoured to be heading to Chelsea, the negotiations with Atletico Madrid still look like they have a long way to run.
- Updated: June 30, 2014