Assou-Ekotto posts smiling picture on Twitter alongside Adebayor post Spurs 0 – Liverpool 5
- December 15, 2013
— Benoit Assou-Ekotto (@AssouEkotto) December 15, 2013
This is going to sting with Spurs fans.
Losing 5-0 at home to Liverpool was the latest in a catalogue of poor results this season to put alongside the 3-0 home reverse to West Ham and the 6-0 humiliation at Manchester City.
On Sunday, there were clear deficiencies at both left back and up front.
Kyle Naughton started on the left side of defence and was replaced by Zeki Fryers at half-time. Yet Benoit Assou-Ekotto is out on loan at QPR.
Sure, Tottenham have missed Danny Rose through injury but BAE is surely a capable replacement.
Up front, Roberto Soldado continued to struggle despite his hat-trick v Anzhi in midweek.
The most damning statistic of all is that Tottenham did not have a single shot on goal versus Liverpool.
Emmanuel Adebayor looks like a good option for Andre Villas-Boas – but the Portuguese boss doesn’t seem to want to use the Togo striker.
As soon as the final whistle blew, BAE posted the Tweet above.
- West Ham are in talks with Tottenham over Emmanuel Adebayor (Sky Sports Video)
- Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor is set to have a medical with West Ham today [Talks...
- Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor desperate for move to West Ham [ESPN]
- Emmanuel Adebayor responds to Tottenham fan begging him to leave on Instagram
- Spurs fans celebrate the imminent departures of Vlad Chiriches & Emmanuel Adebayor...
- Troubled Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor filmed converting to Islam [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...