Assault: Perugia’s Gianluca Comotto punched & headbutted in the face in an Italian friendly
- August 12, 2013
Perugia’s pre-season friendly against semi-pro side Castel del Piano turned vicious when visiting captain Gianluca Comotto had his nose broken in an ugly brawl.
34-year-old defender Comotto ended the match with a broken nose after he was assaulted by Castel del Piano player Alex Gibbs.
According to reports, Gibbs reacted angrily to a foul from former Torino and Fiorentina defender Comotto, and the amateur player responded by headbutting and punching Comotto in his face.
The referee sent both players off, but Comotto was left bad shape with his broken schnozz.
Watch footage of the fight in the friendly match below.
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cu...
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catol...
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the head
- DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on A...
- Serious ouch! Giampaolo Pazzini overhead kicks Kamel Glik in the face
- A mortal kombat finishing move was spotted in a youth match in Brazil, shockingly no fo...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi