Asier Illarramendi scores 1st professional goal & stars in Real Madrid win over Xativa [Individual Highlights]
- December 19, 2013
“I didn’t know how I was going to strike it, but it ended up in the back of the net. It’s about time I scored one.” – Asier Illarramendi.
Imagine if Asier Illarramendi could add goals to his game!
The former Real Sociedad midfielder claimed his first professional goal in a competitive match for Real Madrid on Wednesday evening as Los Blancos saw off Olimpic De Xativa 2-0.
Illarramendi put in an excellent shift for Real Madrid in his 58 minutes on the pitch as he kept the ball ticking over and almost never loses possession.
He was replaced by Xabi Alonso, who received a great welcome from the Bernabeu crowd, eager to see the former Liverpool midfielder sign a new contract at Real Madrid.
Alonso is just a few days away from being able to talk to other clubs with his contract coming to an end at Real Madrid come the close of 2013/2014.
If Real Madrid were to lose Alonso they do have a ready-made replacement at the club.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]