Ashley Cole takes massive £113,000-a-week pay cut to join AS Roma [Various]
- July 7, 2014
Both The Star and The Sun report that the former Chelsea left-back has gone from £150,000 a week to £37,000 a week – a massive £113,000 cut!
Cole opted to take the cut so he could finish his playing days in Italy plying his trade for AS Roma.
He’s probably rich enough for several lifetimes and £37,000 a week is hardly pittance plus Cole can take comfort in the fact that he’s joined a club on the up, one that will be playing Champions League football next season.
You can see The Star’s story to the left and The Sun’s below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Arsenal & Chelsea defender Ashley Cole sent off for two rapid yellow cards in the MLS (Vi...May 2nd, 2016
- Chelsea legend Ashley Cole pulls off cheeky nutmeg on LA Galaxy debut (Video)February 10th, 2016
- Ashley Cole insists he’s ‘no egotistical diva’ and didn’t come to LA Gala...February 6th, 2016
- Bruce Arena says new LA Galaxy signing Ashley Cole wants ‘to prove he can still play’...January 27th, 2016
- Man United meet Kostas Manolas’ agent ahead of a possible €40m move from Roma [Di Marzio]May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Chelsea launch €42m bid for Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan [Corriere dello Sport]May 22nd, 2016
- Roma confirm that Francesco Totti will continue as a player next seasonMay 20th, 2016