Ashley Cole takes massive £113,000-a-week pay cut to join AS Roma [Various]
- July 7, 2014
Both The Star and The Sun report that the former Chelsea left-back has gone from £150,000 a week to £37,000 a week – a massive £113,000 cut!
Cole opted to take the cut so he could finish his playing days in Italy plying his trade for AS Roma.
He’s probably rich enough for several lifetimes and £37,000 a week is hardly pittance plus Cole can take comfort in the fact that he’s joined a club on the up, one that will be playing Champions League football next season.
You can see The Star’s story to the left and The Sun’s below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea old boy Ashley Cole trolls Spurs on social mediaNovember 26, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard poses for picture with best left-back on the planetNovember 10, 2016
- Ashley Cole apologises to Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard after LA Galaxy lossNovember 7, 2016
- Former Chelsea star is the toughest opponent Cristiano Ronaldo has ever facedOctober 27, 2016
- Lazio v Roma: Watch a live stream of the Rome derby in Serie ADecember 3, 2016
- Roma’s Diego Perotti admits his rabona wondergoal was meant to be a cross (Video)November 25, 2016
- Diego Perotti scores incredible rabona chip in Roma’s 4-1 win over Viktoria Plzen (Video)November 25, 2016
- Man United target Roma’s Antonio Rudiger but are considering selling 4 defenders [Mail]October 28, 2016