Ashley Cole takes massive £113,000-a-week pay cut to join AS Roma [Various]
- July 7, 2014
Both The Star and The Sun report that the former Chelsea left-back has gone from £150,000 a week to £37,000 a week – a massive £113,000 cut!
Cole opted to take the cut so he could finish his playing days in Italy plying his trade for AS Roma.
He’s probably rich enough for several lifetimes and £37,000 a week is hardly pittance plus Cole can take comfort in the fact that he’s joined a club on the up, one that will be playing Champions League football next season.
You can see The Star’s story to the left and The Sun’s below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]