- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
AS: Spurs earned €8m for Real Madrid winning CL, final Gareth Bale price now at €110m
Ever since Real Madrid won La Decima, there has been plenty of speculation about how much Tottenham earned from the Los Blancos success.
For all the background, see:
Proving that nobody really has a clue what Tottenham will earn from Real Madrid’s victory is another report in AS on Tuesday that claims Gareth Bale’s price went up by 8 million euros thanks to the defeat of Atletico Madrid in Lisbon.
AS say that after Real Madrid, Spurs are the team that should be most pleased with the Champions League final win.
Gareth Bale moved from Spurs to Real Madrid for 101 million euros, according to AS, and they now round up the fee to 110 million euros with the bonus clause.
This clause was inserted during the negotiations between Florentino Perez and Daniel Levy last summer, according to AS.
There is no mention of whether a clause was inserted into the deal to bring Luka Modric to the Bernabeu, although reports in England suggest there was…
Another financial coup from Daniel Levy!
- Updated: May 27, 2014