AS say Arsenal & Spurs are interested in Barcelona forward David Villa
- December 18, 2012
Just a couple of days ago, Madrid based paper AS suggested David Villa would sign for Liverpool next summer.
Today, AS bring two new Premier League suitors for David Villa to the table: north London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham.
Despite support from the Nou Camp support, Villa does not fit into the plans of Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and the Spanish striker is reportedly keen to try the delights of the Premier League.
Along with Manchester City and Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal have reportedly informed the Catalan side to be kept abreast of any developments with David Villa.
For his part, Villa is simply aiming to join a team which would allow him to play regularly in the next season and a half ahead of the 2014 World Cup.
Arsenal have been linked with a host of strikers ahead of the January transfer window, including Demba Ba and the return of Thierry Henry looks all but done and dusted.
Whether Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger would sign a 31-year-old striker though seems somewhat unlikely.
Tottenham look fairly short of options up front, with just Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor to call upon. A move in January for Fernando Llorente has been mooted from various sources.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas prefers to play one out and out centre forward but would likely be keen on a goal scorer of David Villa’s talents.
On the video below are all of David Villa’s goals in the 2010/2011 season for Barcelona.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278186″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi