- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Roberto Mancini to be replaced by Manuel Pellegrini this summer all but a done deal [AS Report]
Tonight a huge story broke on AS.com released by the very reputable Guillem Balague.
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is due to be shown the door at the Etihad with Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini coming in the other direction.
Mancini’s job can, reportedly, not be saved even if he wins another FA Cup on Saturday afternoon.
Reports suggest Malaga boss Pellegrini will bring highly rated midfielder Isco to Manchester with him.
City fans have been singing Mancini’s name throughout a slightly disappointing season and may not be best pleased at the Sheikh’s new addition.
Mancini was given a five year contract in 2012 after bringing Manchester City their first league title in 34 years.
After 3 and a half years in charge, it seems two major trophies was not enough.
Mancini’s lack of success in Europe is likely to be the reason for his dismissal. No wins in their group stage this year was considered a huge embarrassment and added to his poor European record as a manager.
Pellegrini reached the quarter finals of the Champions League this season and was considerably unlucky to be knocked out, after Dortmund scored two stoppage time goals to eliminate his Spanish side.
Manuel Pelligrini was at odds of 1/6 to be next City manager as Friday night drew to a close.
Mancini’s pre-match press conference from Friday morning can be seen below:
- Updated: May 10, 2013