Roberto Mancini to be replaced by Manuel Pellegrini this summer all but a done deal [AS Report]
- May 10, 2013
Tonight a huge story broke on AS.com released by the very reputable Guillem Balague.
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is due to be shown the door at the Etihad with Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini coming in the other direction.
Mancini’s job can, reportedly, not be saved even if he wins another FA Cup on Saturday afternoon.
Reports suggest Malaga boss Pellegrini will bring highly rated midfielder Isco to Manchester with him.
City fans have been singing Mancini’s name throughout a slightly disappointing season and may not be best pleased at the Sheikh’s new addition.
Mancini was given a five year contract in 2012 after bringing Manchester City their first league title in 34 years.
After 3 and a half years in charge, it seems two major trophies was not enough.
Mancini’s lack of success in Europe is likely to be the reason for his dismissal. No wins in their group stage this year was considered a huge embarrassment and added to his poor European record as a manager.
Pellegrini reached the quarter finals of the Champions League this season and was considerably unlucky to be knocked out, after Dortmund scored two stoppage time goals to eliminate his Spanish side.
Manuel Pelligrini was at odds of 1/6 to be next City manager as Friday night drew to a close.
Mancini’s pre-match press conference from Friday morning can be seen below:
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...