AS: Real Madrid offer €110m (including Fabio Coentrao) for Gareth Bale
- August 15, 2013
The front page of Madrid-based paper AS once again features Gareth Bale on Thursday morning and they claim significant progress has been made in the on-going transfer saga of the Spurs forward.
According to Marco Ruiz, a journalist who has been stalking Bale during his stay with the Wales national team, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is close to accepting a 110 million euro offer, which includes left-sided player Fabio Coentrao.
Spurs initially asked for Jese Rodriguez or Alvaro Morata to be included in the deal, but Real Madrid will only part with Coentrao who they value at 30 million euros.
The Portuguese international, who cost 25 million euros from Benfica, is valued by Tottenham at 20 million euros. AS say the latest offer is being discussed with the valuation of Coentrao a sticking point.
Levy wants 90 million euros and Coentrao, Real Madrid believe 85 million plus the former Benfica man is sufficient.
Tottenham are in no rush to sort out a deal with Real Madrid and feel the pressure will ratchet up on Bale once their Premier League campaign begins on Sunday.
“A source” is quoted by AS: “Bale has spent three weeks with the same plan. He does not want to train, nor play games… seems to have made a final decision.”
Finally, AS add that Spurs have not given up hope of holding on to Bale and still hope to discuss a new deal with the Welsh forward in the coming days.
The front cover of Thursday’s AS is below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...