- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
As he now blanks the Danish press, Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is one shoe short of a pair. Literally [Picture]
Danish paper Ekstrabladet has reported on Thursday that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is only talking to fifth estate because the striker is contractually bound to do so.
Bendtner’s new found media silence comes days after the Gunner gave an in-depth interview with Danish newspaper Berlingske in which the centre-forward lashed out at his current employers, claiming that Arsenal refused to sanction his move away from the Emirates in the summer, while the striker admitted to smoking cigars when he wants to.
Ekstrabladet now say that Bendtner is wishes he could ignore speaking to the press altogether, however, ahead of Denmark’s friendly with Norway on Friday night, the footballer is under an obligation to respond to the media’s questions.
Bendtner will now only to talk the press about the national team career. The 25-year-old striker refuses to talk about his thoughts for the future on his club football, despite the fact his contract with Arsenal expires next summer.
[Bendtner said] “If it were up to me, I would not talk with you. I do not want to talk to you. But in our contract with national team it says that we need to talk to you. Therefore, I am also only speaking about national team issues when I speak.”
Bendtner’s new media black out comes on the same day as Liverpool defender Daniel Agger posted a picture onto Twitter ahead of gym time with his international colleagues: a picture which has piqued many people’s attention as the Arsenal forward is stood wearing only one shoe.
A copy of Daniel Agger’s tweet is below.
- Updated: November 14, 2013