- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
AS: Arsenal & Liverpool preparing offers for Iker Casillas
The Iker Casillas and Jose Mourinho saga that has been playing out in Madrid over the past few months shows no signs of abating and today, AS suggest that Premier League sides Arsenal and Liverpool are preparing offers for the Spanish number one.
According to AS, Casillas has told close friends he may have to change clubs if his relationship with Mourinho does not improve.
The Special One has kept faith with Diego Lopez in the Real Madrid goal in recent weeks, even after the return from injury of Casillas.
Arsenal are preparing a 20 million euro bid for Casillas in the summer, according to reports in England and Spain.
Today, AS don’t elaborate too much on Liverpool’s interest but it has been rumoured that Pepe Reina could return to Barcelona as a replacement for Victor Valdes in the coming months.
AS also suggest that Manchester United could also be interested in Casillas if he becomes available and the Premier League seems the most likely destination for the Spanish captain.
Casillas is a high earner at the Bernabeu and clubs like Arsenal and Manchester United would be in a position to pay his wages.
Barcelona, a non starter for the Real Madrid keeper, are the only side capable of paying the type of salary he would be after in Spain.
Much of this speculation appears to ignore the fact that Jose Mourinho will almost certainly leave Real Madrid in the summer paving the way for Casillas to re-establish himself under a new coach.
- Updated: April 11, 2013