Arturo Vidal has an ‘open door’ to leave Juve, Man United seek reduction in €50m price tag [El Mercurio]
- July 17, 2014
Wednesday’s edition of Chilean national newspaper El Mercurio pointed readers to believe that Arturo Vidal may be headed to Manchester United after all.
Before going any further, it’s worth noting that El Mercurio went to print after the shock departure of Antonio Conte from Juventus, but before the arrival of Massimo Allegri to the Turin hot seat. Moreover, the report came before Juventus CEO Guiseppe Marotta came out and said:
Vidal? The player always makes the decision. I spoke to him yesterday, he’s happy to continue with us. Vidal is a Juve player, we never put him up for sale, despite having important offers. We’ll hold on to him tightly.
Against that background information, El Mercurio claimed on Wednesday that ‘Vidal is flying – He has an open door to leave Juve’, alongside a picture of the midfielder pulling a Titanic pose.
In the small print it was added that Conte’s departure from the Bianconeri has help facilitate Vidal’s possible exit, while Man United are trying to negotiate a reduction in Juve’s €50m asking price.
Inside the paper stories about Man United requesting to see Vidal’s medical reports were refuted, while in a different section it was fleshed out that part of Conte’s reason for leaving Juve was the club’s decision to allow the player to go if a €50m bid was received. Conte is said to have yelled “Nobody touches Vidal!” at meeting, however that opinion fell on deaf ears.
El Mercurio tailed off saying Man United now losing interest in Vidal due to his high price, while Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are interested in the Chilean.
- ICYMI: Arturo Vidal’s father was arrested for possession of cocaine and knives (V...
- Douglas Costa nutmegged Arturo Vidal on the Chilean’s first day of Bayern Munich ...
- Arturo Vidal’s father arrested for possession of drugs and knives (La Cuarta)
- Chile international Arturo Vidal officially signs for Bayern Munich (video)
- Juventus bid farewell to Arturo Vidal after four glorious years at the club (Video)
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich replace Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger with Arturo ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi