Arturo Vidal has an ‘open door’ to leave Juve, Man United seek reduction in €50m price tag [El Mercurio]
Wednesday’s edition of Chilean national newspaper El Mercurio pointed readers to believe that Arturo Vidal may be headed to Manchester United after all.
Before going any further, it’s worth noting that El Mercurio went to print after the shock departure of Antonio Conte from Juventus, but before the arrival of Massimo Allegri to the Turin hot seat. Moreover, the report came before Juventus CEO Guiseppe Marotta came out and said:
Vidal? The player always makes the decision. I spoke to him yesterday, he’s happy to continue with us. Vidal is a Juve player, we never put him up for sale, despite having important offers. We’ll hold on to him tightly.
Against that background information, El Mercurio claimed on Wednesday that ‘Vidal is flying – He has an open door to leave Juve’, alongside a picture of the midfielder pulling a Titanic pose.
In the small print it was added that Conte’s departure from the Bianconeri has help facilitate Vidal’s possible exit, while Man United are trying to negotiate a reduction in Juve’s €50m asking price.
Inside the paper stories about Man United requesting to see Vidal’s medical reports were refuted, while in a different section it was fleshed out that part of Conte’s reason for leaving Juve was the club’s decision to allow the player to go if a €50m bid was received. Conte is said to have yelled “Nobody touches Vidal!” at meeting, however that opinion fell on deaf ears.
El Mercurio tailed off saying Man United now losing interest in Vidal due to his high price, while Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are interested in the Chilean.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich stars Arturo Vidal & Xabi Alonso Vs 40 kids (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arturo Vidal scores Behind-the-Goal trick shot at Chile training pre-Argentina (Video)June 25, 2016
- Mixed reports surface over Arturo Vidal leaving Bayern to join ChelseaApril 27, 2016
- Arturo Vidal calls for Alexis Sanchez to quit Arsenal to join BayernApril 19, 2016
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- Manuel Locatelli scores cracking goal to secure AC Milan win over JuventusOctober 22, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- PSG star agrees to join Juventus at end of the season [Tuttosport]October 21, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Chelsea’s Twitter account trolls Manchester United’s Paul Pogba [Tweet]October 23, 2016