Arturo Vidal has an ‘open door’ to leave Juve, Man United seek reduction in €50m price tag [El Mercurio]
Wednesday’s edition of Chilean national newspaper El Mercurio pointed readers to believe that Arturo Vidal may be headed to Manchester United after all.
Before going any further, it’s worth noting that El Mercurio went to print after the shock departure of Antonio Conte from Juventus, but before the arrival of Massimo Allegri to the Turin hot seat. Moreover, the report came before Juventus CEO Guiseppe Marotta came out and said:
Vidal? The player always makes the decision. I spoke to him yesterday, he’s happy to continue with us. Vidal is a Juve player, we never put him up for sale, despite having important offers. We’ll hold on to him tightly.
Against that background information, El Mercurio claimed on Wednesday that ‘Vidal is flying – He has an open door to leave Juve’, alongside a picture of the midfielder pulling a Titanic pose.
In the small print it was added that Conte’s departure from the Bianconeri has help facilitate Vidal’s possible exit, while Man United are trying to negotiate a reduction in Juve’s €50m asking price.
Inside the paper stories about Man United requesting to see Vidal’s medical reports were refuted, while in a different section it was fleshed out that part of Conte’s reason for leaving Juve was the club’s decision to allow the player to go if a €50m bid was received. Conte is said to have yelled “Nobody touches Vidal!” at meeting, however that opinion fell on deaf ears.
El Mercurio tailed off saying Man United now losing interest in Vidal due to his high price, while Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are interested in the Chilean.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich stars Arturo Vidal & Xabi Alonso Vs 40 kids (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arturo Vidal scores Behind-the-Goal trick shot at Chile training pre-Argentina (Video)June 25, 2016
- Mixed reports surface over Arturo Vidal leaving Bayern to join ChelseaApril 27, 2016
- Arturo Vidal calls for Alexis Sanchez to quit Arsenal to join BayernApril 19, 2016
- Juventus become bookies’ favourites to sign Jack Wilshere on loan [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Jack Sullivan reveals details of Simone Zaza’s move to West HamAugust 28, 2016
- Done Deal: West Ham sign Simone Zaza from Juventus [Di Marzio]August 27, 2016
- Done deal? Gazzetta say Juventus striker Simone Zaza is joining West HamAugust 25, 2016
- Man United told Spurs that Schneiderlin wasn’t for sale after enquiry last week [Times]August 31, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Isco deal off as Spurs make move for Man United’s Morgan SchneiderlinAugust 31, 2016
- Eric Bailly’s awesome celebration for Man United winner at Hull (official video)August 31, 2016