Arshavin comes off the bench to score 1st league goal in 14 months in Zenit’s draw with Kuban
- July 26, 2013
That Andrey Arshavin is back scoring should be good news for all neutral football fans.
The Russian Meerkat had gone 14 months without a league goal before breaking that duck tonight with Zenit against Kuban, having gone through what he described himself as a mini-depression during his last dark days at Arsenal.
After a thrilling beginning to life at Arsenal, Arshavin went back to Russia with his tail between in his legs, chubby and out of sorts.
Back in his hometown of St. Petersburg for the first time since the end of a loan spell with Zenit from Arsenal in 2011-12 and looking slimline once more, Arshavin tapped in Alexander Kerzhakov’s cross into an empty net on 65 minutes to give Zenit the lead, having only come off the bench as a sub 10 minutes previously.
It was no Golazo, but after a 14 month league drout, anything will do!
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...