- Manuel Neuer at it again! Pulls off Cruyff turn v Hoffenhein [official video]
- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
Arshavin comes off the bench to score 1st league goal in 14 months in Zenit’s draw with Kuban
That Andrey Arshavin is back scoring should be good news for all neutral football fans.
The Russian Meerkat had gone 14 months without a league goal before breaking that duck tonight with Zenit against Kuban, having gone through what he described himself as a mini-depression during his last dark days at Arsenal.
After a thrilling beginning to life at Arsenal, Arshavin went back to Russia with his tail between in his legs, chubby and out of sorts.
Back in his hometown of St. Petersburg for the first time since the end of a loan spell with Zenit from Arsenal in 2011-12 and looking slimline once more, Arshavin tapped in Alexander Kerzhakov’s cross into an empty net on 65 minutes to give Zenit the lead, having only come off the bench as a sub 10 minutes previously.
It was no Golazo, but after a 14 month league drout, anything will do!
- Updated: July 26, 2013