- Banned driver Marco Reus has women asking to be his chauffeur on Facebook
- Madness! Jesina coach kicks ball onto pitch to stop Amiternina striker from scoring in Serie D [Video]
- Sunderland’s John’ O Shea: ‘I won’t be shaking Jack Colback’s hand before derby v Newcastle’
- His Name Is A Shop! Lenell John Lewis stars in Grimsby’s brilliant Christmas message [Video]
- Robbie Keane trains with Ireland’s Special Olympics football team [Video]
Arshavin comes off the bench to score 1st league goal in 14 months in Zenit’s draw with Kuban
That Andrey Arshavin is back scoring should be good news for all neutral football fans.
The Russian Meerkat had gone 14 months without a league goal before breaking that duck tonight with Zenit against Kuban, having gone through what he described himself as a mini-depression during his last dark days at Arsenal.
After a thrilling beginning to life at Arsenal, Arshavin went back to Russia with his tail between in his legs, chubby and out of sorts.
Back in his hometown of St. Petersburg for the first time since the end of a loan spell with Zenit from Arsenal in 2011-12 and looking slimline once more, Arshavin tapped in Alexander Kerzhakov’s cross into an empty net on 65 minutes to give Zenit the lead, having only come off the bench as a sub 10 minutes previously.
It was no Golazo, but after a 14 month league drout, anything will do!
- Updated: July 26, 2013