Arsene Wenger’s face when asked about Julian Draxler post-Coventry was worth a thousand words [Picture]
Could Wenger be on the cusp of repeating his Ozil coup?
The Arsenal manager pulled a rabbit out of the hat on summer transfer deadline day, bringing in Mesut Ozil when not even the most clued-up Gooners suspected it.
Now, after again playing all coy and hard to get in this transfer window, stating that no players will be coming in, it appears Wenger may just have another iron cooking in the fire.
Norwegian journalist Jan Aaje Fjortoft last night claimed that Arsenal and Schalke have reached an agreement for Draxler, and when Wenger was asked about the German playmaker in his post-match interview, he couldn’t help but grinning like the cat that got the cream.
A picture that tells a thousand words…
Arsene Wenger’s post-match interview can be seen in full below, in which he couldn’t help but grin at Ray Stubbs’ Draxler questioning, but to which he gave a typically coy response.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal are keen on signing another attacker (Video)July 29, 2016
- Francis Coquelin reveals he’s training at CB; Arsenal fans fret and curse Wenger [Tweets]July 27, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas discusses his special relationship with Arsene Wenger (Video)July 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger on transfers: Arsenal have to be good at poker (Video & Tweets)July 23, 2016
- Battle lines drawn as Arsenal chase Wolfsburg’s Julian Draxler [Bild]July 13, 2016
- Arsenal can sign Wolfsburg’s Julian Draxler for €60 million [Jan Aage Fjortoft]July 11, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal offer Wolfsburg €50m for Julian Draxler [ESPN]July 7, 2016
- Man United make a move to secure Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s back-up option [Star]June 25, 2016