Arsene Wenger was very vague about Juan Mata post Fenerbahce 2nd leg [video]
- August 28, 2013
One of the big transfer news stories late on Tuesday evening was the confirmation that Juan Mata’s father attended Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Fenerbahce.
It turns out that Juan Mata’s father is an agent not just for his son but also for a number of other players, including some that play for Fenerbahce.
But, with continual suggestions that Juan Mata could be on his way out of Chelsea thus summer, the fact his father was at the Emirates only served to add fuel to the fire.
In the final days of the summer transfer window, with Arsenal keen to bring in players, Arsene Wenger’s answers to the media on incoming transfers are becoming a little ridiculous.
Wenger was questioned by the media on the Juan Mata links and really failed to give a straight answer.
The highlight was Wenger’s response to if Mata’s father was invited as a guest of Arsenal, to which he replied (with a smile on his face): “No… I don’t know… maybe…”
Video of Arsene Wenger discussing Juan Mata is below. Followed by the full press conference.
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Chelsea fan tells Arsenal to enjoy Community Shield, last trophy they’ll win for ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi