Arsene Wenger was very vague about Juan Mata post Fenerbahce 2nd leg [video]
- August 28, 2013
One of the big transfer news stories late on Tuesday evening was the confirmation that Juan Mata’s father attended Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Fenerbahce.
It turns out that Juan Mata’s father is an agent not just for his son but also for a number of other players, including some that play for Fenerbahce.
But, with continual suggestions that Juan Mata could be on his way out of Chelsea thus summer, the fact his father was at the Emirates only served to add fuel to the fire.
In the final days of the summer transfer window, with Arsenal keen to bring in players, Arsene Wenger’s answers to the media on incoming transfers are becoming a little ridiculous.
Wenger was questioned by the media on the Juan Mata links and really failed to give a straight answer.
The highlight was Wenger’s response to if Mata’s father was invited as a guest of Arsenal, to which he replied (with a smile on his face): “No… I don’t know… maybe…”
Video of Arsene Wenger discussing Juan Mata is below. Followed by the full press conference.
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...