- Golazo! Sheffield Wednesday U18 star Jonathan Fusco (17) scores long range beauty [Video]
- Fulham’s Lasse Vigen Christensen ran the full pitch to score v Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Barcelona SC’s Alex Bolanos sent off v Emelec for a horror tackle on his brother Miller Bolanos [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson explains Fergie time – “I never looked at my watch” [Video]
- Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho explains how his wife convinced him not to take the England job [Video]
Arsene Wenger was not in Basel to sign players; Arsenal boss attended the funeral of mentor Max Hild
There were online suggestions that Arsene Wenger was spotted on the way to Basel, Switzerland, in order to sign new players for Arsenal.
The likes of Swiss striker Josip Drmic and Basel defender Fabian Schar have been linked with Arsenal and many speculated that Wenger was on his way to set up a transfer deal.
It has since emerged, in the Swiss press, that Arsene Wenger was in fact in Weyersheim, Switzerland to attend the funeral of his mentor Max Hild.
There were a number of football personalities present, including Wenger, to pay their respects to “a great football man” (according to the Swiss press) who died at the age of 82 last week.
Arsene Wenger was discovered by Max Hild as a player when he was 18 and he remained a mentor and inspiration.
The Arsenal boss went to pay his respects to Max Hild’s son Patrick and local Swiss reports say all atendees had a friendly drink to mark the passing of a well-known football man in the Alsace region.
- Updated: April 2, 2014