- EXCLUSIVE Offer: Back Tottenham to reach the Capital One Cup final at 2/1!!!
- The wealthiest football clubs on the planet and how they make their money [Graphic]
- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
Arsene Wenger was not in Basel to sign players; Arsenal boss attended the funeral of mentor Max Hild
There were online suggestions that Arsene Wenger was spotted on the way to Basel, Switzerland, in order to sign new players for Arsenal.
The likes of Swiss striker Josip Drmic and Basel defender Fabian Schar have been linked with Arsenal and many speculated that Wenger was on his way to set up a transfer deal.
It has since emerged, in the Swiss press, that Arsene Wenger was in fact in Weyersheim, Switzerland to attend the funeral of his mentor Max Hild.
There were a number of football personalities present, including Wenger, to pay their respects to “a great football man” (according to the Swiss press) who died at the age of 82 last week.
Arsene Wenger was discovered by Max Hild as a player when he was 18 and he remained a mentor and inspiration.
The Arsenal boss went to pay his respects to Max Hild’s son Patrick and local Swiss reports say all atendees had a friendly drink to mark the passing of a well-known football man in the Alsace region.
- Updated: April 2, 2014