Arsene Wenger to bid £80m for Mesut Ozil, Angel Di Maria & Abel Hernandez [Telegraph]
- September 1, 2013
Arsenal have been incredibly quiet during the transfer window, only signing Frenchmen Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini on free transfers.
However, with around 24 hours until the transfer windows slams shut, manager Arsene Wenger appears ready to splash the cash.
On Sunday night it was widely reported Wenger had made a £45m bid for Real Madrid’s Mesut Ozil.
The Telegraph later reported that Arsene Wenger was also preparing bids for fellow Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria and Palermo striker Abel Hernandez.
Abel Hernandez is currently playing in Serie B with Palermo but is reportedly looking for a move to a top tier club.
With Real Madrid splashing out a world record £85m on Tottenham’s Gareth Bale, a domino effect seems likely.
Real Madrid not only have too many attacking midfielders in their squad, but probably also want to make some of their money back in what has been an expensive transfer window.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]