Arsene Wenger slams diver Arjen Robben and the referee for Bayern’s penalty & Szczesny’s dismissal
Arsene Wenger was bitter at his post match press conference after the Bayern Munich defeat.
Wenger’s biggest gripe concerned the first half dismissal of Gunners keeper Wojciech Szczesny in a collision with Arjen Robben which also earned Bayern a penalty.
During the match Wenger noticeable produced a “diver” side to the fourth official as Robben stood alongside the Professor on the touchline in an incident that saw Manuel Neuer get treatment after a coming together with Yaya Sanogo.
In his presser the Arsenal manager fumed:
Our keeper went genuinely for the ball… [the red card] killed the game, it was top quality until then.
[Robben] has enough experience to make more of it [the contact] – Bayern made the most of every single contact. Robben certainly made the most of it, as I told him. The referee made a decision that killed the game.
It changed completely the game, it killed the game (the red card). The second half was boring with one-way traffic.
See how Arsene Wenger called Manuel Neuer a diver next to Arjen Robben on the touchline below.
Watch Live Stream
- Holland suffer injury blow: Arjen Robben ruled out of both WC QualifiersOctober 6, 2016
- Arjen Robben opens up about his injury struggles at Bayern Munich (Video)September 16, 2016
- Bayern fans display a banner attacking Arjen Robben for his son training with 1860 MunichAugust 29, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben is out for 6 weeks with adductor injuryJuly 17, 2016
- Sunderland v Arsenal: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 28, 2016
- Hector Bellerin & Dele Alli take on 5-shot challenge with Copa 90 (Videos)October 27, 2016
- This is the most ridiculous Mesut Ozil transfer story you’re going to read todayOctober 27, 2016
- Man United and Liverpool stars called up to Holland squadOctober 27, 2016
- Arsene Wenger gives a fan bad news about Theo Walcott [Instagram Video]October 26, 2016
- Koscielny thanks Wenger for ‘having balls’ to sign him when he was nobody [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsene Wenger imagines what a chat with God will be like when he dies [Guardian]October 22, 2016
- Mike Dean V Arsenal – How The Gunners really fare?October 21, 2016