Arsene Wenger slams diver Arjen Robben and the referee for Bayern’s penalty & Szczesny’s dismissal
Arsene Wenger was bitter at his post match press conference after the Bayern Munich defeat.
Wenger’s biggest gripe concerned the first half dismissal of Gunners keeper Wojciech Szczesny in a collision with Arjen Robben which also earned Bayern a penalty.
During the match Wenger noticeable produced a “diver” side to the fourth official as Robben stood alongside the Professor on the touchline in an incident that saw Manuel Neuer get treatment after a coming together with Yaya Sanogo.
In his presser the Arsenal manager fumed:
Our keeper went genuinely for the ball… [the red card] killed the game, it was top quality until then.
[Robben] has enough experience to make more of it [the contact] – Bayern made the most of every single contact. Robben certainly made the most of it, as I told him. The referee made a decision that killed the game.
It changed completely the game, it killed the game (the red card). The second half was boring with one-way traffic.
See how Arsene Wenger called Manuel Neuer a diver next to Arjen Robben on the touchline below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben awesome gesture to the PSV fans (Video)November 2, 2016
- Holland suffer injury blow: Arjen Robben ruled out of both WC QualifiersOctober 6, 2016
- Arjen Robben opens up about his injury struggles at Bayern Munich (Video)September 16, 2016
- Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez still unhappy with Arsenal contract offers [Standard]December 5, 2016
- Arsenal & Chelsea stars joined by Ryan Fraser in the Euro team of the week [GdS]December 5, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez labelled the third best South American in the EPL after Liverpool & Man City starsDecember 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal stars join two Baggies in the BBC’s team of the weekDecember 5, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Jamie Carragher claims Manchester United boss Mourinho is turning into nemesis WengerDecember 4, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- RB Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl confirms contact with ArsenalDecember 2, 2016