Arsene Wenger slams diver Arjen Robben and the referee for Bayern’s penalty & Szczesny’s dismissal
- February 19, 2014
Arsene Wenger was bitter at his post match press conference after the Bayern Munich defeat.
Wenger’s biggest gripe concerned the first half dismissal of Gunners keeper Wojciech Szczesny in a collision with Arjen Robben which also earned Bayern a penalty.
During the match Wenger noticeable produced a “diver” side to the fourth official as Robben stood alongside the Professor on the touchline in an incident that saw Manuel Neuer get treatment after a coming together with Yaya Sanogo.
In his presser the Arsenal manager fumed:
Our keeper went genuinely for the ball… [the red card] killed the game, it was top quality until then.
[Robben] has enough experience to make more of it [the contact] – Bayern made the most of every single contact. Robben certainly made the most of it, as I told him. The referee made a decision that killed the game.
It changed completely the game, it killed the game (the red card). The second half was boring with one-way traffic.
See how Arsene Wenger called Manuel Neuer a diver next to Arjen Robben on the touchline below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]