Arsene Wenger slams diver Arjen Robben and the referee for Bayern’s penalty & Szczesny’s dismissal
- February 19, 2014
Arsene Wenger was bitter at his post match press conference after the Bayern Munich defeat.
Wenger’s biggest gripe concerned the first half dismissal of Gunners keeper Wojciech Szczesny in a collision with Arjen Robben which also earned Bayern a penalty.
During the match Wenger noticeable produced a “diver” side to the fourth official as Robben stood alongside the Professor on the touchline in an incident that saw Manuel Neuer get treatment after a coming together with Yaya Sanogo.
In his presser the Arsenal manager fumed:
Our keeper went genuinely for the ball… [the red card] killed the game, it was top quality until then.
[Robben] has enough experience to make more of it [the contact] – Bayern made the most of every single contact. Robben certainly made the most of it, as I told him. The referee made a decision that killed the game.
It changed completely the game, it killed the game (the red card). The second half was boring with one-way traffic.
See how Arsene Wenger called Manuel Neuer a diver next to Arjen Robben on the touchline below.
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband
- Arjen Robben: Thomas Muller is flattered to be linked with Man United (video)
- Arjen Robben makes Manchester United title contenders with Memphis Depay on form
- EX Chelsea star Arjen Robben wants Kevin De Bruyne to reject Manchester City [Algemeen ...
- Arjen Robben pulls out of Bayern Munich’s China tour with a muscle problem [Tweets]
- Arjen Robben answers fan questions about his future, injuries and teammates [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...