Arsene Wenger skips post match Chelsea presser claiming Arsenal “bus had to go” [Best Tweets]
Arsenal were handed a 6-0 drubbing by title challengers and London rivals Chelsea.
It was meant to be a day of celebration for Arsene Wenger as the day marked his 1000th game in charge of Arsenal.
The 64 year old Frenchman didn’t even make it to his post match press conference claiming “The bus had to go”.
Some of the best tweets can be seen below:
Arsenal can face action from the Premier League for Arsene Wenger not attending press conference. The spokesman said the "bus had to go"
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) March 22, 2014
Wenger not attending press conference, but told BBC: "This defeat is my fault, I take full responsibility for it."
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) March 22, 2014
Wenger misses the post match press conf. Club says "bus had to go". They should have parked it in front of their goal during the game.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) March 22, 2014
The Sunday papers are going to be extra harsh on Wenger for avoiding the press conference with them.
— Paddy (@PadraigAFC) March 22, 2014
Hacking off a room full of the written press after you've just been hammered 6-0 is not the smartest move, let me tell you #Wenger
— Tim Clarke (@TJClarke_) March 22, 2014
Wenger bottled press conference like team bottle all the big games! #prick
— Susan Smith (@smudgercfc) March 22, 2014
Arsene Wenger didn't attend the press conference after the game, the game, this is the first time that it has ever happened.
— Gooner Updates (@GoonerUpdates) March 22, 2014
— Gina Richardson (@Ginaaar7) March 22, 2014
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Arsene Wenger stated Arsenal’s title ambitions after beating Man United (Video)
- Arsene Wenger sad to see ‘quality’ Brendan Rodgers sacked by Liverpool (Video)
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Steven Gerrard’s slip is the latest clip to get the Thierry Henry reaction (video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas is now the top assist-maker in Spanish history (Video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hit with 6-month driving ban [Mirror]
- Diego Costa admits he returned to Chelsea pre-season overweight, defends Jose Mourinho