Arsene Wenger set to sign new three year Arsenal deal worth £24 million [The Guardian]
- May 18, 2014
According to The Guardian, Arsene Wenger is set to sign a new three year deal with Arsenal worth £24 million.
Wenger yesterday ended a nine year trophy drought by winning the FA Cup, along with securing fourth spot, and has had a more than satisfactory season despite exiting Europe at the last 16 stage and falling behind title rivals.
Wenger has a good rapport with the Arsenal fans but there have been rocky moments where supporters have grown impatient with the Frenchman’s reluctance to spend money on players.
Last summer, however, Wenger broke the club’s transfer record by signing Germany international Mesut Ozil and has shown signs of being willing to flex the club’s financial muscles.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]