Arsene Wenger set to sanction sale of Arsenal attacker Lucas Podolski [Goal]
Arsene Wenger is set to sanction the sale of Arsenal attacker Lucas Podolski, according to Goal.
The German international has fallen down the pecking order at the club and Wenger thinks that, despite the Gunners lacking depth in attack, Arsenal can do without him.
Podolski has just two years left on his contract and there are clubs from Germany and Turkey interested in his signature with Arsenal aiming to recoup as much the £11 million spent on him as possible.
It will end a rather underwhelming spell with the Gunners where Podolski is popular with fans but has failed to fulfill his potential.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester earned £93m for winning EPL, but Arsenal made over £100m coming second [Graphic]May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to Tomas Rosicky after a decade at the club (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Arsenal target Alvaro Morata appears to confirm he is leaving Juventus [Instagram]May 23rd, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal boss laments departure of ‘Spiritual Leaders’ Arteta & Rosicky (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms three Arsenal Stalwarts will leave this summer (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger denies rumours that he has been offered new 2-year contract extension (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsenal legends Lukas Podolski & Nicklas Bendtner Troll Spurs on TwitterMay 15th, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski hits out at media reports he wants to leave Galatasaray [Tweets]March 21st, 2016
- Galatasaray’s Lukas Podolski is the latest player to receive a tempting Chinese offer [Bild]January 29th, 2016
- Bild list The 100 best German Bundesliga players of all timeDecember 31st, 2015