- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
Arsene Wenger “seduced” Alexis Sanchez to join Arsenal during the World Cup [Sport]
- July 9, 2014
Catalan paper Sport have produced a gushing article hailing Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for capturing Alexis Sanchez during a private meeting during the World Cup.
Alexis Sanchez looks set to sign for Arsenal in the next 48 hours but was initially keen to return to Italy when it became clear Barcelona no longer wanted him at the Nou Camp.
But, during the World cup in Brazil, with Arsene Wenger commentating for French channel TF1, Sanchez received a surprise visit from the Arsenal manager.
Wenger convinced Sanchez of the benefits of playing for Arsenal and appearing in the Premier League, how the Chilean World Cup star would have no problem adapting to London and English football.
The Arsenal boss also committed to paying Sanchez a salary equivalent to his talents with Juventus’ offer described as “pitiful” by Sport.
Within a few days, Alexis Sanchez had instructed his agent Fernando Felicevich to complete the deal with Arsenal, despite their being verbal agreements with Juventus.
Once Sanchez gave the OK, it was left to Arsenal’s transfer fixer Dick Law to tie up the move and all signs point to Arsene Wenger having secured another transfer coup.