Arsene Wenger “seduced” Alexis Sanchez to join Arsenal during the World Cup [Sport]
- July 9, 2014
Catalan paper Sport have produced a gushing article hailing Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for capturing Alexis Sanchez during a private meeting during the World Cup.
Alexis Sanchez looks set to sign for Arsenal in the next 48 hours but was initially keen to return to Italy when it became clear Barcelona no longer wanted him at the Nou Camp.
But, during the World cup in Brazil, with Arsene Wenger commentating for French channel TF1, Sanchez received a surprise visit from the Arsenal manager.
Wenger convinced Sanchez of the benefits of playing for Arsenal and appearing in the Premier League, how the Chilean World Cup star would have no problem adapting to London and English football.
The Arsenal boss also committed to paying Sanchez a salary equivalent to his talents with Juventus’ offer described as “pitiful” by Sport.
Within a few days, Alexis Sanchez had instructed his agent Fernando Felicevich to complete the deal with Arsenal, despite their being verbal agreements with Juventus.
Once Sanchez gave the OK, it was left to Arsenal’s transfer fixer Dick Law to tie up the move and all signs point to Arsene Wenger having secured another transfer coup.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...