- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
- All the Lionel Messi Champions League records broken by hat-trick v APOEL
Arsene Wenger says Ox out for 6 weeks, Arsenal forward then Tweets its 3 months
When everything is going against you, even if it has been just one Premier League defeat against an emerging Aston Villa side on the opening day, it feels like even the smallest things (communication with your fans) is difficult.
So it proved on Tuesday as Arsene Wenger confirmed in the pre-Fenerbahce press conference that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain would be out for six weeks.
With pronouncements of 4 months and 6 months being bandied around after he picked up an injury in Arsenal’s opener, this seemed a best case scenario.
And, just a couple of hours later, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Tweeted from his personal Twitter account that he will be out for 3 months.
Either way, its better than first feared, but there appear to be some communication problems at Arsenal.
Compare and contrast with the Video and Tweet below.
[gthumb id="346087" size="large" autoplay="1"]
Gutted i'm injured so early in the season. But I'm going to be working hard to hopefully be back playing in 3 months.Thanks 4 all ur support
— Alex Ox-Chamberlain (@Alex_OxChambo) August 20, 2013
- Updated: August 20, 2013