Arsene Wenger says he’s “on standby” for Suarez, as rift with Liverpool escalates [Liverpool Echo]
Late on Tuesday night newspapers released an explosive interview with Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, in which he claimed he was promised he could leave if Liverpool didn’t achieve Champions League qualification.
There is no question that this interview would have alerted Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after he bid £40,000,o01 for the Uruguayan in recent weeks.
Today Arsene Wenger gave some quotes on the escalating transfer saga.
“At the moment the situation is on standby,” Wenger said. “I heard that [Suarez may take legal action against Liverpool] but this is sometimes linked with things that you don’t know as a potential buyer.”
“It’s nothing to do us. We have been told that the player wants to leave Liverpool and that’s why we’ve acted.”
- Arsenal set for transfer swoop of Ajax wonderkid Riechedly Bazoer (video)
- Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce launches outspoken attack on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
- Man United target William Carvalho issues come-and-get-me plea to Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger reflects on Man United win, and tactical plan to beat ‘unbeatable...
- Djibril Cisse denies any involvement in sex tape blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena [Le Figaro]
- Why James Milner is crucial to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution [Statistics]
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...