Arsene Wenger says he’s “on standby” for Suarez, as rift with Liverpool escalates [Liverpool Echo]
- August 7, 2013
Late on Tuesday night newspapers released an explosive interview with Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, in which he claimed he was promised he could leave if Liverpool didn’t achieve Champions League qualification.
There is no question that this interview would have alerted Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after he bid £40,000,o01 for the Uruguayan in recent weeks.
Today Arsene Wenger gave some quotes on the escalating transfer saga.
“At the moment the situation is on standby,” Wenger said. “I heard that [Suarez may take legal action against Liverpool] but this is sometimes linked with things that you don’t know as a potential buyer.”
“It’s nothing to do us. We have been told that the player wants to leave Liverpool and that’s why we’ve acted.”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]