Arsene Wenger says he’s “on standby” for Suarez, as rift with Liverpool escalates [Liverpool Echo]
Late on Tuesday night newspapers released an explosive interview with Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, in which he claimed he was promised he could leave if Liverpool didn’t achieve Champions League qualification.
There is no question that this interview would have alerted Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after he bid £40,000,o01 for the Uruguayan in recent weeks.
Today Arsene Wenger gave some quotes on the escalating transfer saga.
“At the moment the situation is on standby,” Wenger said. “I heard that [Suarez may take legal action against Liverpool] but this is sometimes linked with things that you don’t know as a potential buyer.”
“It’s nothing to do us. We have been told that the player wants to leave Liverpool and that’s why we’ve acted.”
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez explains why he named his dogs Atom & Humber (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger literally laughs off rumour about Mesut Ozil (Video)December 9, 2016
- Olivier Giroud sits down to discuss his career highlights (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsenal starlet Iwobi talks about having Ozil and Sanchez as mentors [Guardian]December 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger was in a cheeky mood ahead of Basel v Arsenal (video)December 6, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Jamie Carragher claims Manchester United boss Mourinho is turning into nemesis WengerDecember 4, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- Liverpool & Spurs eyeing January move for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp leaps to the defence of Loris Karius after Bournemouth defeat (Video)December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Nominees for inaugural FIFA Fan Award announced: Liverpool and Iceland supporters includedDecember 9, 2016