Arsene Wenger says Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud is injured for 4 months & discusses replacements [Video]
Olivier Giroud picked up an innocuous looking injury in stoppage time of Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Everton this weekend.
It is much more serious than it looks, with Wenger confirming that Giroud had surgery on his ankle today.
Speaking to the press after Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Besiktas, Wenger claimed the French striker won’t return until late December or January.
Arsenal fans will urge their manager to dip into the transfer market, with the club already (laughably) linked to veteran free agent Nikola Zigic.
Watch the footage here. Skip to 1:54 for the Giroud question.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal thank Mikel Arteta for the memories after five years with the club (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Leicester earned £93m for winning EPL, but Arsenal made over £100m coming second [Graphic]May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to Tomas Rosicky after a decade at the club (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Mesut Ozil Likes Instagram post criticising Arsenal team mate Olivier GiroudMay 22nd, 2016
- Garth Crooks goes full Garth Crooks in incredible rant about Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Fantastic: Aston Villa fans celebrated Olivier Giroud’s goal more than the Arsenal fans (Vi...May 15th, 2016
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hails Olivier Giroud & discusses injury to Danny Welbeck (Video)May 8th, 2016