Arsene Wenger says Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud is injured for 4 months & discusses replacements [Video]
- August 27, 2014
Olivier Giroud picked up an innocuous looking injury in stoppage time of Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Everton this weekend.
It is much more serious than it looks, with Wenger confirming that Giroud had surgery on his ankle today.
Speaking to the press after Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Besiktas, Wenger claimed the French striker won’t return until late December or January.
Arsenal fans will urge their manager to dip into the transfer market, with the club already (laughably) linked to veteran free agent Nikola Zigic.
Watch the footage here. Skip to 1:54 for the Giroud question.
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin take part in Arsenal fan Q&A (Video)
- The best bits of Arsenal’s Emirates Cup displays in slow motion (video)
- Arsenal fans sing Happy Birthday to Mathieu Debuchy on Members Day (Video)
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s transfer policy, admits there is a gap (Video)
- Chuba Akpom wants to stay at Arsenal and fight for his place (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi