Arsene Wenger says Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud is injured for 4 months & discusses replacements [Video]
Olivier Giroud picked up an innocuous looking injury in stoppage time of Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Everton this weekend.
It is much more serious than it looks, with Wenger confirming that Giroud had surgery on his ankle today.
Speaking to the press after Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Besiktas, Wenger claimed the French striker won’t return until late December or January.
Arsenal fans will urge their manager to dip into the transfer market, with the club already (laughably) linked to veteran free agent Nikola Zigic.
Watch the footage here. Skip to 1:54 for the Giroud question.
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Arsenal fan uses the win over Man United to send a message to Jose Mourinho (Video)
- Louis van Gaal was ‘amazed’ at how much space Man United gave Arsenal (Video)
- The confusing story about Arsenal’s new £130,000-a-week contract offer to Alexis ...
- Rio Ferdinand assembles the perfect Premier League boy band, feat. Olivier Giroud (Video)
- Arsenal legend Alan Smith offers some advice to Olivier Giroud (Video)
- Arsenal fan Bully slams Giroud & Arteta after 2-1 defeat; Claims CL draw is fixed ...
- Angry Arsenal fans bash Olivier Giroud & Arsene Wenger after the Dinamo Zagreb def...