Arsene Wenger says Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud is injured for 4 months & discusses replacements [Video]
- August 27, 2014
Olivier Giroud picked up an innocuous looking injury in stoppage time of Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Everton this weekend.
It is much more serious than it looks, with Wenger confirming that Giroud had surgery on his ankle today.
Speaking to the press after Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Besiktas, Wenger claimed the French striker won’t return until late December or January.
Arsenal fans will urge their manager to dip into the transfer market, with the club already (laughably) linked to veteran free agent Nikola Zigic.
Watch the footage here. Skip to 1:54 for the Giroud question.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi