Arsene Wenger pens an article for Eurosport explaining why Cesc left Arsenal, calls the midfielder “a killer”
- April 9, 2014
In slightly out-of-context timing, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had penned an article for Eurosport on Wednesday in which the Gunners boss talked about why Cesc Fabregas is no longer part of his squad.
Wenger’s article lavished praise on Barcelona’s midfielder.
According to the Professor, “the greatest strength of Fabregas is his vision. He sees. The players who see are the ones making your team win and he sees before the others. It’s a telescopic head on a football field.”
The Arsenal boss then went into a bit of detail about why the 26-year-old is no longer playing his football at the Emirates:
Fabregas said he was very sad when he left Arsenal, and he is not the only one! I fought with him to keep him but, deep down, I obviously knew. He was raised in Barcelona; his grandfather worked for Barca; he went to all the FCB football classes; they had the best team in the world.
I surrendered to his will of playing for them, and I think it was completely logical.
Boldly, Wenger also believes that Lionel Messi rates Cesc Fabregas as the best midfielder to dovetail with in Barcelona’s team. According to Arsene, Cesc “has a geographical map of the field in his head, from the first to the last minute of the match. And he is a killer, because he always makes a killing pass. One day, you will ask Messi which player is the most likely to give him a decisive pass. He’ll answer Fabregas.”
Read Arsene Wenger’s full article on Cesc Fabregas here.
- Paul Merson rants about Arsenal’s lack of spending after Welbeck injury
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...