Arsene Wenger pens an article for Eurosport explaining why Cesc left Arsenal, calls the midfielder “a killer”
In slightly out-of-context timing, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had penned an article for Eurosport on Wednesday in which the Gunners boss talked about why Cesc Fabregas is no longer part of his squad.
Wenger’s article lavished praise on Barcelona’s midfielder.
According to the Professor, “the greatest strength of Fabregas is his vision. He sees. The players who see are the ones making your team win and he sees before the others. It’s a telescopic head on a football field.”
The Arsenal boss then went into a bit of detail about why the 26-year-old is no longer playing his football at the Emirates:
Fabregas said he was very sad when he left Arsenal, and he is not the only one! I fought with him to keep him but, deep down, I obviously knew. He was raised in Barcelona; his grandfather worked for Barca; he went to all the FCB football classes; they had the best team in the world.
I surrendered to his will of playing for them, and I think it was completely logical.
Boldly, Wenger also believes that Lionel Messi rates Cesc Fabregas as the best midfielder to dovetail with in Barcelona’s team. According to Arsene, Cesc “has a geographical map of the field in his head, from the first to the last minute of the match. And he is a killer, because he always makes a killing pass. One day, you will ask Messi which player is the most likely to give him a decisive pass. He’ll answer Fabregas.”
Read Arsene Wenger’s full article on Cesc Fabregas here.
- Mistake? El Confidencial suggest Karim Benzema should have left Real Madrid to join Ars...
- Liverpool owners approach Jurgen Klopp & still expect to challenge for title this ...
- Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez posts lengthy Instagram post on sacrifices behind a footballer
- Man United’s Anthony Martial rejects comparisons to Arsenal hero Thierry Henry [RMC]
- Arsene Wenger stated Arsenal’s title ambitions after beating Man United (Video)
- Arsene Wenger sad to see ‘quality’ Brendan Rodgers sacked by Liverpool (Video)
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Arsene Wenger snaps at reporter over Mourinho questions, threatens to leave presser (Vi...