Arsene Wenger pens an article for Eurosport explaining why Cesc left Arsenal, calls the midfielder “a killer”
In slightly out-of-context timing, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had penned an article for Eurosport on Wednesday in which the Gunners boss talked about why Cesc Fabregas is no longer part of his squad.
Wenger’s article lavished praise on Barcelona’s midfielder.
According to the Professor, “the greatest strength of Fabregas is his vision. He sees. The players who see are the ones making your team win and he sees before the others. It’s a telescopic head on a football field.”
The Arsenal boss then went into a bit of detail about why the 26-year-old is no longer playing his football at the Emirates:
Fabregas said he was very sad when he left Arsenal, and he is not the only one! I fought with him to keep him but, deep down, I obviously knew. He was raised in Barcelona; his grandfather worked for Barca; he went to all the FCB football classes; they had the best team in the world.
I surrendered to his will of playing for them, and I think it was completely logical.
Boldly, Wenger also believes that Lionel Messi rates Cesc Fabregas as the best midfielder to dovetail with in Barcelona’s team. According to Arsene, Cesc “has a geographical map of the field in his head, from the first to the last minute of the match. And he is a killer, because he always makes a killing pass. One day, you will ask Messi which player is the most likely to give him a decisive pass. He’ll answer Fabregas.”
Read Arsene Wenger’s full article on Cesc Fabregas here.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal are keen on signing another attacker (Video)July 29, 2016
- Francis Coquelin reveals he’s training at CB; Arsenal fans fret and curse Wenger [Tweets]July 27, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas discusses his special relationship with Arsene Wenger (Video)July 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger on transfers: Arsenal have to be good at poker (Video & Tweets)July 23, 2016
- Lionel Messi believes Celtic belong in the Champions League [Daily Record]July 29, 2016
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 advert feat. Barcelona shows insane graphics and ball physics (Video)July 28, 2016
- Nutmeg: Leo Messi gave Luis Suarez the runaround in Barcelona training (Video)July 28, 2016
- How much? Barcelona confirm what they actually paid to sign Neymar from SantosJuly 28, 2016