Arsene Wenger pens an article for Eurosport explaining why Cesc left Arsenal, calls the midfielder “a killer”
- April 9, 2014
In slightly out-of-context timing, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had penned an article for Eurosport on Wednesday in which the Gunners boss talked about why Cesc Fabregas is no longer part of his squad.
Wenger’s article lavished praise on Barcelona’s midfielder.
According to the Professor, “the greatest strength of Fabregas is his vision. He sees. The players who see are the ones making your team win and he sees before the others. It’s a telescopic head on a football field.”
The Arsenal boss then went into a bit of detail about why the 26-year-old is no longer playing his football at the Emirates:
Fabregas said he was very sad when he left Arsenal, and he is not the only one! I fought with him to keep him but, deep down, I obviously knew. He was raised in Barcelona; his grandfather worked for Barca; he went to all the FCB football classes; they had the best team in the world.
I surrendered to his will of playing for them, and I think it was completely logical.
Boldly, Wenger also believes that Lionel Messi rates Cesc Fabregas as the best midfielder to dovetail with in Barcelona’s team. According to Arsene, Cesc “has a geographical map of the field in his head, from the first to the last minute of the match. And he is a killer, because he always makes a killing pass. One day, you will ask Messi which player is the most likely to give him a decisive pass. He’ll answer Fabregas.”
Read Arsene Wenger’s full article on Cesc Fabregas here.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi