Arsene Wenger: ‘Özil still affected by Bayern penalty miss; Giroud is focused, he’s a strong guy’
- February 21, 2014
The fallout from Mesut Özil’s paradinha penalty miss/Neuer save linger on around the Emirates.
48 hours on, the German international’s midweek penalty miss was the only hot topic at Wenger’s presser today, with the Arsenal boss admitting it’s still playing on Ozil’s mind.
‘It’s only been 48 hours, it’s a little bit soon to get over something like that.’
Wenger went on to insist that it’s not the end of the world – Alaba missed one too – and that it will be up to Ozil whether he takes one again.
Dennis Bergkamp, after all, refused to take any more after his miss against Man United in the FA Cup semi-final in 1999.
Wenger also answered questions on Giroud, insisting that the Frenchman is focused in spite of his off-field problems and escapades; Wenger says he’s seen many players, and few are as mentally strong as Giroud.
The final word was for Ozil, whose class Wenger believes will ultimately shine through.
Form is temporary after all, class permanent.
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Come And Get Me, Arsene: Karim Benzema starts following Wengerland on Instagram
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Fernando Llorente’s agent meets Arsenal officials to discuss potential £8.5m tran...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi