Arsene Wenger on Alexis Sanchez: ‘He gives us many options, can also get behind defenders like Walcott’
- July 25, 2014
Arsene Wenger spoke about his star summer signing Alexis Sanchez at his pre-New York Red Bulls press conference.
Wenger cited Sanchez’s multi-faceted attacking style, noting that as well as being able to play and score from the centre, as he does for Chile, he can also stretch defences and get in behind from wide positions.
Wenger likened Sanchez’s speed and movement off the ball to Walcott’s, which is a big advantage, he added, with Walcott only just returning from long-term injury.
‘He gives us something we were lacking a little bit.’
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...