Arsene Wenger on Alexis Sanchez: ‘He gives us many options, can also get behind defenders like Walcott’
- July 25, 2014
Arsene Wenger spoke about his star summer signing Alexis Sanchez at his pre-New York Red Bulls press conference.
Wenger cited Sanchez’s multi-faceted attacking style, noting that as well as being able to play and score from the centre, as he does for Chile, he can also stretch defences and get in behind from wide positions.
Wenger likened Sanchez’s speed and movement off the ball to Walcott’s, which is a big advantage, he added, with Walcott only just returning from long-term injury.
‘He gives us something we were lacking a little bit.’
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Cheeseball: Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez posts Instagram video of himself singing kar...
- Alexis Sanchez reveals a Uruguay player called him a ‘wuss’ for going down ...
- Mauricio Isla scores late winner as Chile beat 9 man Uruguay 1-0 [Official Highlights]
- Arsenal Puma training tops & jackets for 2015/2016
- Arsenal paid £32m for Alexis Sanchez, Liverpool are paying £29m for Roberto Firmino [Tw...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi