Arsene Wenger on Alexis Sanchez: ‘He gives us many options, can also get behind defenders like Walcott’
Arsene Wenger spoke about his star summer signing Alexis Sanchez at his pre-New York Red Bulls press conference.
Wenger cited Sanchez’s multi-faceted attacking style, noting that as well as being able to play and score from the centre, as he does for Chile, he can also stretch defences and get in behind from wide positions.
Wenger likened Sanchez’s speed and movement off the ball to Walcott’s, which is a big advantage, he added, with Walcott only just returning from long-term injury.
‘He gives us something we were lacking a little bit.’
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal officially launch new home kit for 16/17 season; Alexis gets new number (Pictures & ...May 23rd, 2016
- PSG in contact with agents of Alexis Sanchez & Eden Hazard with eye on double swoop [L’...May 13th, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez is “uncomfortable” at Arsenal, could join Juventus [AS Chile]May 10th, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez’s weird Instagram video about his dogsMay 2nd, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal officially reveal new shirt numbers for Granit Xhaka & Aaron Ramsey (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal boss laments departure of ‘Spiritual Leaders’ Arteta & Rosicky (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms three Arsenal Stalwarts will leave this summer (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger denies rumours that he has been offered new 2-year contract extension (Video)May 13th, 2016