Arsene Wenger on Alexis Sanchez: ‘He gives us many options, can also get behind defenders like Walcott’
Arsene Wenger spoke about his star summer signing Alexis Sanchez at his pre-New York Red Bulls press conference.
Wenger cited Sanchez’s multi-faceted attacking style, noting that as well as being able to play and score from the centre, as he does for Chile, he can also stretch defences and get in behind from wide positions.
Wenger likened Sanchez’s speed and movement off the ball to Walcott’s, which is a big advantage, he added, with Walcott only just returning from long-term injury.
‘He gives us something we were lacking a little bit.’
Watch Live Stream
- Theo Walcott exchanges one-two with Alexis Sanchez to make it 2-0 to Arsenal at Basel (Official Video)September 28, 2016
- Arsenal legend Martin Keown: Alexis Sanchez best Gunners player since Thierry HenrySeptember 25, 2016
- Alex Iwobi admits he thought he’d scored Arsenal’s opener at Hull [Instagram]September 18, 2016
- Pep Guardiola is plotting a big Man City bid for an unsettled Arsenal star [Express]September 17, 2016
- Theo Walcott on playing at a different level, post Arsenal-Basel interview (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- DT refuses to support Arsene Wenger after the Basel win (Arsenal Fan TV Video)September 29, 2016
- Bad news for Arsenal’s Aaron RamseySeptember 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger struggles to keep a straight face when asked about taking England job (Video)September 28, 2016
- Greg Dyke talks about Arsene Wenger becoming the England manager (BBC Audio)September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger should be the next England boss (BBC Audio)September 28, 2016