Arsene Wenger: “Last season Arsenal won the FA Cup, this season we want the Premier League”
- July 25, 2014
Arsene Wenger has said that he and his players want to top last season’s FA Cup victory by winning the Premier League this season.
The Arsenal boss was telling journalists about the insatiable desire his players had for trophies and success; so after tasting domestic glory in the cup last season, a title victory would be the aim this season.
He said: “High expectations have always been there. We have not always fulfilled them but we ourselves have high expectations for our own performances. We are very ambitious. Last season, we were 128 days at the top of the league and we were frustrated that we couldn’t win it. And we won the FA Cup so next season we want more. Having said that, in England the level of competition is very high and you never know how much better a team will be. But we have to make sure we are better and hopefully we’ll have a good opportunity to win it (the league).”
Arsenal have strengthened this summer with the signings of Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy with Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina set to arrive too.
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright strangely takes to Twitter to beg his old club to sign Real M...
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Arsenal stars like Petr Cech & Olivier Giroud photobomb unsuspecting fans (Officia...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi