Arsene Wenger: “Last season Arsenal won the FA Cup, this season we want the Premier League”
- July 25, 2014
Arsene Wenger has said that he and his players want to top last season’s FA Cup victory by winning the Premier League this season.
The Arsenal boss was telling journalists about the insatiable desire his players had for trophies and success; so after tasting domestic glory in the cup last season, a title victory would be the aim this season.
He said: “High expectations have always been there. We have not always fulfilled them but we ourselves have high expectations for our own performances. We are very ambitious. Last season, we were 128 days at the top of the league and we were frustrated that we couldn’t win it. And we won the FA Cup so next season we want more. Having said that, in England the level of competition is very high and you never know how much better a team will be. But we have to make sure we are better and hopefully we’ll have a good opportunity to win it (the league).”
Arsenal have strengthened this summer with the signings of Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy with Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina set to arrive too.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...