- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo set for loan move to Premier League side this January [BBC]
- Brendan Rodgers pre-Arsenal: ‘Alexis Sanchez was 1 of our transfer targets, he’s a fantastic player’ [Video]
- Sergio Ramos: ‘Real Madrid are God’s team’
- Liverpool offer £135k annual salary to 15-year-old Roma attacker dubbed ‘the new Ibrahimovic’ [Standard]
Arsene Wenger: “Last season Arsenal won the FA Cup, this season we want the Premier League”
Arsene Wenger has said that he and his players want to top last season’s FA Cup victory by winning the Premier League this season.
The Arsenal boss was telling journalists about the insatiable desire his players had for trophies and success; so after tasting domestic glory in the cup last season, a title victory would be the aim this season.
He said: “High expectations have always been there. We have not always fulfilled them but we ourselves have high expectations for our own performances. We are very ambitious. Last season, we were 128 days at the top of the league and we were frustrated that we couldn’t win it. And we won the FA Cup so next season we want more. Having said that, in England the level of competition is very high and you never know how much better a team will be. But we have to make sure we are better and hopefully we’ll have a good opportunity to win it (the league).”
Arsenal have strengthened this summer with the signings of Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy with Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina set to arrive too.
- Updated: July 25, 2014