Arsene Wenger is staying at Arsenal with Bayern’s Mandzukic & Man United’s Cleverley targets [Mirror]
- April 23, 2014
John Cross, the Mirror’s resident expert on all things Arsenal, has splashed the backpage of his tabloid with confirmation that the Professor is staying on at the Emirates this summer.
The defiant headline in the Mirror reads “Wenger Stays”.
Not content with dropping that bombshell, the Mirror go on to claim that Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic is Arsenal’s top target this summer, while Wenger will be given a warchest of £70m to spend in total.
Perhaps more shocking, the Gunners are also linked with a swoop for Man United midfielder Tom Cleverley.
Of course, at the time of writing Arsene Wenger ha yet to officially announce he has signed a contract extension at Arsenal with his present deal expiring at the end of the season.
John Cross writes:
The Frenchman accepts his squad needs strengthening in several areas as he look to bring in a big name striker, new right back, midfield general, wide player and new keeper.
Wenger is also keeping tabs on Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley who is a target for Everton this summer but his future is now unclear with a new manager set to come in at Old Trafford.
Arsenal have been scouting Real Sociedad’s French prospect Antoine Griezmann as he looks to inject more pace into his squad.
They also rate highly young right back Calum Chambers at Southampton even though he could cost £10m-plus.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...