Arsene Wenger is staying at Arsenal with Bayern’s Mandzukic & Man United’s Cleverley targets [Mirror]
John Cross, the Mirror’s resident expert on all things Arsenal, has splashed the backpage of his tabloid with confirmation that the Professor is staying on at the Emirates this summer.
The defiant headline in the Mirror reads “Wenger Stays”.
Not content with dropping that bombshell, the Mirror go on to claim that Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic is Arsenal’s top target this summer, while Wenger will be given a warchest of £70m to spend in total.
Perhaps more shocking, the Gunners are also linked with a swoop for Man United midfielder Tom Cleverley.
Of course, at the time of writing Arsene Wenger ha yet to officially announce he has signed a contract extension at Arsenal with his present deal expiring at the end of the season.
John Cross writes:
The Frenchman accepts his squad needs strengthening in several areas as he look to bring in a big name striker, new right back, midfield general, wide player and new keeper.
Wenger is also keeping tabs on Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley who is a target for Everton this summer but his future is now unclear with a new manager set to come in at Old Trafford.
Arsenal have been scouting Real Sociedad’s French prospect Antoine Griezmann as he looks to inject more pace into his squad.
They also rate highly young right back Calum Chambers at Southampton even though he could cost £10m-plus.
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva scored for Bolton on Saturday (Official Video)
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski misses open goal from a yard out for Galatasaray (Video)
- No Arsenal strikers make The Mail’s Manchester United-dominated Combined XI
- ‘Don’t leave Mertesacker 1 v 1 with Martial’: Neville previews Man Ut...
- Arsene Wenger snaps at reporter over Mourinho questions, threatens to leave presser (Vi...
- Arsene Wenger admits to wearing women’s clothing in hilarious talkSPORT spoof (Vi...
- Arsene Wenger reiterates that Monaco said Anthony Martial was not for sale (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger slams the ‘boring bandwagon’ press for persisting with ...
- Mario Mandzukic breaks Juventus duck with classy late winner against Lechia Gdansk (Video)
- Mario Mandzukic gives first interview as a Juventus player after €19m move [Video]
- Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic lands in Turin ahead of move to Juventus [Video]
- Atletico striker Mario Mandzukic is due to have a medical with Juventus on Monday