- Venezuelan Emilio Renteria suffers racist abuse in Chile, halts match & may quit the league
- Borussia Dortmund’s players thanked their fans for their efforts after Arsenal defeat [Pictures]
- Chelsea U21 star Charly Musonda shows his keepy-uppy skills with a sock ball [Instagram]
- Eriksen & Pochettino: Partizan match is a “must win” for Spurs [video]
- Mundo Deportivo list 10 reasons why Barcelona star Leo Messi should win Ballon d’Or
Arsene Wenger is staying at Arsenal with Bayern’s Mandzukic & Man United’s Cleverley targets [Mirror]
John Cross, the Mirror’s resident expert on all things Arsenal, has splashed the backpage of his tabloid with confirmation that the Professor is staying on at the Emirates this summer.
The defiant headline in the Mirror reads “Wenger Stays”.
Not content with dropping that bombshell, the Mirror go on to claim that Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic is Arsenal’s top target this summer, while Wenger will be given a warchest of £70m to spend in total.
Perhaps more shocking, the Gunners are also linked with a swoop for Man United midfielder Tom Cleverley.
Of course, at the time of writing Arsene Wenger ha yet to officially announce he has signed a contract extension at Arsenal with his present deal expiring at the end of the season.
John Cross writes:
The Frenchman accepts his squad needs strengthening in several areas as he look to bring in a big name striker, new right back, midfield general, wide player and new keeper.
Wenger is also keeping tabs on Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley who is a target for Everton this summer but his future is now unclear with a new manager set to come in at Old Trafford.
Arsenal have been scouting Real Sociedad’s French prospect Antoine Griezmann as he looks to inject more pace into his squad.
They also rate highly young right back Calum Chambers at Southampton even though he could cost £10m-plus.
- Updated: April 23, 2014