Arsene Wenger hopes to bring Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla to Arsenal [Sport Witness]
- July 4, 2014
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is interested in Espanyol’s goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, according to football site Sport Witness.
Initially reported by Spanish daily Sport, Kiko Casilla is a keeper in hot demand and Arsene Wenger is said to have been mightily impressed by his displays last season.
Casilla has a buy-out clause of €20 million and while that may seem high for a goalkeeper it hasn’t curbed the interest of a number of clubs.
Real Madrid are also said to be interested in bringing Casilla back to the club after letting him go as a teenager.
Arsenal want a more reassuring presence than Szczesny in goal and seem to have plumped for the Spanish goalkeeper.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...