Arsene Wenger hopes to bring Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla to Arsenal [Sport Witness]
- July 4, 2014
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is interested in Espanyol’s goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, according to football site Sport Witness.
Initially reported by Spanish daily Sport, Kiko Casilla is a keeper in hot demand and Arsene Wenger is said to have been mightily impressed by his displays last season.
Casilla has a buy-out clause of €20 million and while that may seem high for a goalkeeper it hasn’t curbed the interest of a number of clubs.
Real Madrid are also said to be interested in bringing Casilla back to the club after letting him go as a teenager.
Arsenal want a more reassuring presence than Szczesny in goal and seem to have plumped for the Spanish goalkeeper.
- Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce launches outspoken attack on Arsenall boss Arsene Wenger
- Man United target William Carvalho issues come-and-get-me plea to Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger reflects on Man United win, and tactical plan to beat ‘unbeatable...
- Sir Alex Ferguson hails the consistency of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger [ESPN]
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic scores Golazo for Sporting Gijon (official video)
- Real Madrid and Espanyol players wore t-shirts saying ‘Solidarity with the Refuge...
- Class: Cristiano Ronaldo thanks Real Madrid team mates on Instagram after 5-goal haul v...
- Amazing: Cristiano Ronaldo scores 5 at Espanyol now Real Madrid all-time La Liga top sc...