Arsene Wenger denies Arsenal have made bids for Alvaro Morata or Alexandre Pato
- December 3, 2013
In his pre-Hull press conference Arsene Wenger has denied that Arsenal have made bids for strikers Alavaro Morata or Alexandre Pato.
With Olivier Giroud lacking support in the striker position, Arsenal are expected to bring in another front man in the January transfer window to supplement their Premier League title challenge.
It was suggested Arsenal had agreed a loan move with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata but it appears the Daily Star report is untrue.
Whilst in the Brazilian media yesterday, claims abounded that Corinthians had rejected an 8 million euro bid for Alexandre Pato from Arsenal.
On Morata, Wenger said: “There is no truth in that. That is all I can say. I have not been in touch with them.”
Whilst, when asked about Pato, Wenger answered: “No. There is no interest.”
Best Tweets on Wenger’s answers are below.
Wenger in chatty mood. Interested in Pato? "No." Signing Morata? "No." Worried about flares? "No."
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) December 3, 2013
Wenger denies moves for Pato & Morata in #AFC press conference. Feeling is that a new striker is on the agenda, though.
— Joe Krishnan (@joekrishnan) December 3, 2013
Wenger says no truth in Alvaro Morata loan deal. "There is no truth in that, that is all I can say. I have not been in touch with them."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) December 3, 2013
Morata: Wenger wants him. He contacted player's agents. Player happy to go to Arsenal on loan but…. Real Madrid don't want to let him go
— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) December 3, 2013
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) December 3, 2013
- Alexandre Pato posts Instagram update on his possible move to Tottenham
- Spurs try to sign Sao Paulo’s Alexandre Pato for €11m, player to meet his agent t...
- Tottenham fans have mixed reactions to reports Alexandre Pato may move to WHL (Tweets)
- Sao Paulo prepare for Alexandre Pato to move to Tottenham before the window closes [UOL]
- Man United & Chelsea offered Alexandre Pato for £11m [Telegraph]
- Ex AC Milan star Alexandre Pato scored two golazos in 3-1 Sao Paulo win [Videos]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...