Arsene Wenger crushes Khedira to Arsenal link, saying Real Madrid player ‘never close’ to joining
- August 7, 2014
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira was ‘never close’ to joining Arsenal.
In news that will be accepted by Arsenal fans with heavy hearts, Wenger exclaimed that he didn’t know where the link came from.
With quotes provided by The Telegraph, the Gunners boss spoke at a press conference ahead of the Community Shield on Sunday: “I don’t know who has put Khedira on the market – is it his agent or the press?
We were never close to signing him. Jack Wilshere is back fit and in midfield we have offensive midfielders and quite a few box-to-box players.”
But Wenger remained open to further additions: “We still have three and a half weeks before the transfer market closes.
I am open to it (more transfers) but Joel Campbell has come back plus the addition of the four players we have already bought. We have not lost players until now so we have a big squad at the moment.”
Arsenal have already signed Alexis Sanchez, Callum Chambers, Mathieu Debuchy and David Ospina this summer.
- West Ham owner David Gold confirms interest in signing Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [...
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Petr Cech explains what Arsenal are missing [video]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi