- Egyptian presenter reads the news wearing a CD Nacional (Portugal) shirt [Video]
- ‘Never a penalty, Colback dived!’ Mini-Manchester United fan on 3-1 win v Newcastle [Video]
- So Close! Neymar flicks the ball up to make his own bicycle kick during Charity Match [Video]
- MMA Star Jose Aldo humiliates Neymar with a Rainbow Flick! [Video]
- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
Arsene Wenger crushes Khedira to Arsenal link, saying Real Madrid player ‘never close’ to joining
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira was ‘never close’ to joining Arsenal.
In news that will be accepted by Arsenal fans with heavy hearts, Wenger exclaimed that he didn’t know where the link came from.
With quotes provided by The Telegraph, the Gunners boss spoke at a press conference ahead of the Community Shield on Sunday: “I don’t know who has put Khedira on the market – is it his agent or the press?
We were never close to signing him. Jack Wilshere is back fit and in midfield we have offensive midfielders and quite a few box-to-box players.”
But Wenger remained open to further additions: “We still have three and a half weeks before the transfer market closes.
I am open to it (more transfers) but Joel Campbell has come back plus the addition of the four players we have already bought. We have not lost players until now so we have a big squad at the moment.”
Arsenal have already signed Alexis Sanchez, Callum Chambers, Mathieu Debuchy and David Ospina this summer.
- Updated: August 7, 2014