Arsene Wenger crushes Khedira to Arsenal link, saying Real Madrid player ‘never close’ to joining
- August 7, 2014
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira was ‘never close’ to joining Arsenal.
In news that will be accepted by Arsenal fans with heavy hearts, Wenger exclaimed that he didn’t know where the link came from.
With quotes provided by The Telegraph, the Gunners boss spoke at a press conference ahead of the Community Shield on Sunday: “I don’t know who has put Khedira on the market – is it his agent or the press?
We were never close to signing him. Jack Wilshere is back fit and in midfield we have offensive midfielders and quite a few box-to-box players.”
But Wenger remained open to further additions: “We still have three and a half weeks before the transfer market closes.
I am open to it (more transfers) but Joel Campbell has come back plus the addition of the four players we have already bought. We have not lost players until now so we have a big squad at the moment.”
Arsenal have already signed Alexis Sanchez, Callum Chambers, Mathieu Debuchy and David Ospina this summer.
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Aleksandar Mitrović’s pre-Arsenal interview is quite funny in retrospect (Video)
- Wenger post-Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: optimistic of making late transfer deal (Video)
- Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s knee injury, Koscielny’s return (Best Tw...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...