Arsene Wenger contacts Zinedine Zidane to close a £25m Alvaro Morata deal [Mirror]
- June 6, 2014
As Spanish daily AS report on Friday that Arsenal have made contact with Real Madrid over a potential move for Iker Casillas, over in the Mirror the Gunners are linked with another Los Blancos star.
Alvaro Morata, the highly rated young Spanish striker, is said to be in the viewfinder of the Gunners, and manager Wenger has made moves to get the deal over the line.
According to the Mirror’s John Cross, Wenger has contacted Real Madrid assistant manager Zinedine Zidane in an attempt to broker a deal for Alvaro Morata.
Madrid are asking for £25 million or inserting a buy-back clause into Morata’s contract that is enabled after three seasons.
On Thursday, AS reported that Manchester United and Tottenham were also chasing the 21-year-old signature, whilst Morata himself is said to favour a move to Juventus.
Watch Sepp Blatter quit as FIFA President
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]